Episode 17~ The Hopeless Case

Dedicated to my dear friend @typoxqueen. Thanks so much for your love :*

*********************************

Kishore listened carefully as Sanyukta told him everything about that night. He took a moment to compose himself, he folded his arms behind him and exhaled deeply.

'Papa, I know it was a reckless and impulsive decision. And I am sorry.' Sanyukta lowered her head. Kishore placed his palm on her shoulder and she looked up.

'And also, very irresponsible. You two were very young and still studying what was the need to get married?' He asked, his voice stern. Sanyukta lowered her head, again. Thinking about it, now she realized how stupid the idea was. Perhaps, then she was really very young and reckless. Sanyukta sighed.

'Anyway,' - Kishore huffed and Sanyukta looked up, - 'What happened has happened? But now, we must correct it.' He said seriously. Sanyukta held her breath as she got an idea where her father was going with this statement.

Kishore looked away and nodded, - 'Arvind knows a good lawyer. We will apply for a divorce.' He said and Sanyukta felt her heart drop.

Oh, No!

Kishore turned around and held his daughter's shoulder, - 'Once you are free from this-this relationship. You will be able to move on easily and be happy.' He smiled towards the end. Sanyukta looked at her father and shook her head. Kishore sighed moving his hand away.

'Why do you want to be trapped in this loveless marriage? If you can call it a marriage.' Kishore said and scoffed. Sanyukta bit her lip. She didn't know what to say. She agreed with her father and knew he was just concerned for her but also, she knew she won't be able to divorce Randhir.

'Sanyukta,' - Kishore called softly, she looked up again, - 'Have you two-I mean after marriage have you two -- You know what I mean?' Kishore was hesitant.

'No.' Sanyukta said in a small tone. Kishore was relieved.

'Then, why are you being hesitant? Waise bhi, you guys don't stay together, you two haven't even consummated the marriage. I don't think this marriage is even valid now. It's just on papers now. I think we should just annul the marriage.' He said seriously. Sanyukta kept shaking her head and he felt very annoyed.

'Sanyukta, what is wrong with you? Are you mad? Why do you want to keep clinging to this doomed relationship? I strongly suggest that you divorce that rascal who destroyed your life, your happiness.' He spoke angrily.

Sanyukta sighed, - 'Papa. I will think about it. But promise me that you won't go looking for lawyers.' She said seriously. Kishore protested but she interrupted him. She held his palm and smiled sadly at him, - 'Don't you trust your daughter?'

Kishore hesitantly nodded. She smiled and then accidentally, Sanyukta's gaze fell on the wall clock and she realized she was getting late. She bid hasty good-bye to her father, hugged him quickly and left the room. Kishore sighed sadly.

'I know why you are rushing to the airport.' He shook his head and slowly, walked out of the room.

Sanyukta sat in the car and switched on the engine, just then her phone. She clicked her tongue in agitation and picked up the phone.

'Hello... Okay...Really? Okay, okay. I am coming.' She spoke hurriedly.

****************************

Randhir, Harry, and Abigail climbed down the car. Nisha, the driver bid them good night and happy journey. Harry and Abigail responded to her but Randhir kept looking elsewhere. He was startled when Harry tapped his arm.