Episode 30~ Emotions

Soon, everyone gathered towards the altar. Sanyukta was dragged on the altar by Tanya and gang. Parth was helped by few friends to climb. With his heavy wheel chair, it was proving very difficult. Randhir also joined in to help his friend. Parth and Randhir looked at each other and passed a smile.

Sanyukta shifted little as Randhir stood beside her. She avoided his gaze, but she could him looking at her. A moment later, she looked at him and he looked away.

'What happened? Stand properly.' Vidhushi whispered. Sanyukta simply nodded. She was standing next to Randhir like a stiff log. He realized she wasn't comfortable and he moved slightly letting two women stand in between them.

From the corner of her eyes, Sanyukta looked to her side and was surprised to see Randhir wasn't there. She looked properly and found him a few distances away from her. This time, he wasn't looking at her. She was slightly disappointed, she sighed and looked away.

****************************

Soon, the rituals began, and everyone happily looked on at the couple. Sanyukta was very excited as she showered marigold flower petals at the couple who were now taking rounds around the holy fire.

Randhir looked at Sanyukta and smiled a little, she was all smiles and had all her attention towards their friends. After a moment of admiring her, Randhir looked away. Half-heartedly, he threw flower petals at the couple. It was not that he wasn't happy for them, he was, but right now his mind was preoccupied with other thoughts and guilt.

He can't believe he lost two years because of his ego and misunderstanding. He ruined their relationship and made Sanyukta phobic to something she loved the most in the world. Randhir felt uneasy in the crowd and so, he sneaked out. No one noticed him as they were all busy. He was glad they didn't.

Since it was a Punjabi wedding there was an arrangement of a bar counter for drinks. Randhir sat on the high stool and leaned his arm against the table. A bartender, dressed in traditional cream Kurtha with a red turban, walked up to him. Randhir ordered his drink and the young man nodded.

*****************************

As the couple took the pheras, Sanyukta got emotional remembering her own wedding. Parth held her hand. She looked at him and he flashed a knowing smile. She smiled back and looked up. Reflexively, she looked towards Randhir's direction but was surprised to see that he was missing. She frowned and looked around. It was difficult to find him in the crowd, also it was difficult to see through them to look to the other side of the Altar.

Sanyukta took a step but before she could go, Tanya held her forearm.

'Babes, where are you going?' - She whispered urgently, Sanyukta wanted to reply but before she could, Tanya spoke again, - 'Now, it is the Sindoor time.' She slid her palm and held Sanyukta's wrist tightly. Sanyukta sighed. She didn't want to miss this either. Once again, she looked towards the place where Randhir was standing and then looked at the couple again. Tanya lets go of her hand.

Sanyukta's eyes were moist with happy tears as she watched Yoyo fill Ester's parting. Everyone clapped. Yoyo was all grins and Ester was all blushes. Yoyo's Chamcha began teasing them. Ester became red as tomato and Yoyo was blushing as well. Other girls including Sanyukta chuckled.

**************************

After everything was over and it was time for everyone to leave. Kishore walked up to Sanyukta and placed his palm on her shoulder.

'Beta, I think we should leave now. It is getting late and we have office tomorrow.' He said. Sanyukta nodded. Kishore walked down the altar while Sanyukta adjusted her Saree. She had taken a step but stopped in her tracks when she heard Yoyo say,