Episode 18~ Reuniting with a Friend

Sanyukta returned home and was cornered by Kishore who looked very concerned for her. First it was past mid-night when she had gone out and secondly, she returned very late. If it had been the earlier Kishore, he wouldn't have let her step a foot outside after the dark let alone mid-night. Sanyukta felt grateful to him even as he scolded her.

'Papa.' She hugged him tightly, Kishore stopped speaking and looked confused. Sanyukta broke the hug and looked happily at her father. He noticed her eyes were moist yet there was a smile on her face.

Vidhushi and Ankit also came out from their room. They exchanged curious glances at each other and then climbed down the stairs.

'Papa,' - Sanyukta held his hand, - 'Parth-he-gain consciousness.' She informed happily. A smile appeared on Kishore's face as well. Ankit kept frowning while Vidhushi was relieved. She hurried to Sanyukta.

'OMG! Really? How is he now? Did you see him? Spoke to him? Huh, tell me?' Vidhushi threw the questions one after the other.

Sanyukta smiled at her and held her hand, - 'He is fine. But I couldn't talk to him. I will go to the hospital tomorrow.' She said.

'I will come with you.' Vidhushi said instantly. Sanyukta nodded but Ankit interrupted her.

'Vidhushi tomorrow we need to meet my friend and his family. You promised.' He whined. Vidhushi inhaled deeply and nodded, - 'Okay.' She said in a small tone. Sanyukta noticed this but doesn't say anything. Vidhushi has chosen this path and moreover, after what she did, Parth is in no mood to forgive her. In a way, Sanyukta is happy because she didn't want to stress Parth.

****************************

Sanyukta hadn't slept the whole night, yet next morning she was chirpy and excited than usual. She got up early, showered and got dressed. Kishore was the only other person awake, apart from the servant who was preparing breakfast.

'Arey, beta. Have breakfast and go.'

'No, papa. I am in a hurry.'

But before Sanyukta could go Kishore held her hand, - 'No, beta. At least take this apple with you. Eat it on the way,' - Sanyukta looked annoyed and so, he added, - 'I can't compromise with your health.' He said sternly. Sanyukta sighed and took the apple from him.

Outside, the driver was wiping the windshield and was startled when Sanyukta appeared out of no-where. She laughed at his expressions, he smiled too.

'City hospital.' She said as she sat in the back-seat. The driver nodded and switched on the engine. Sanyukta wore her sunglasses and turned her head to look out of the window. She was very excited and kept fidgeting with her nails and fingers.

****************************

Sanyukta reached the hospital but as she passed by the reception, her smile faded upon seeing someone familiar. She blinked as she watched Renuka Saniyal walking towards her. But she was engrossed in talking with someone, maybe her assistant, that she doesn't see her. She was about to pass her when she spotted her. Sanyukta froze.

The two women looked at each other, one was slightly awkward, and one was emotionless. Renuka looked briefly at her and then walked away. Sanyukta let out the breath she had been holding.

As she stood in the elevator, Sanyukta kept wondering why Renuka Saniyal was here in the hospital. But as the door opened and she stepped out, the excitement of meeting Parth overshadowed her concern about Renuka.

Sanyukta happily greeted Dr. Prasad and even he seemed in a very nice mood. She was delighted to know that Parth was doing well and he was awake.

But standing outside, Parth's ward Sanyukta's excitement frizzled out and she felt very emotional instead.