Episode 23~ Let Go of the Past

Sanyukta followed by Kaka entered her room. He carried a big cardboard box with him. Sanyukta asked him to place the box on the floor and leave. He did just that and walked out. After he left, she closed the door and hurried to her cupboard. She opened it and kneeled. Sanyukta took out another heavy cardboard box from the bottom shelf and opened it.

'Just remember it's all just professional. Don't mix your feelings here.'

Kishore's words echoed in her head and she nodded determinedly, - 'I won't, Papa.'

She opened the box and began to take out her books, dream team captain uniform, trophies and set them aside. Then, she dug her hand inside and took out a small red box. She clenched it tightly, - 'I won't.' She reminded herself before dropping it in the empty box. As she moved her hand she was tempted to open and see the beautiful ring again, but she hardened her heart and moved on to the next time.

She took out a tablet, a small smile appeared on her face when she recollected how she had made this for Randhir and made him say, - 'Girls should do Mechanical Engineering'

It took her a moment to realize what she was doing. She shook her head and placed it inside the other cardboard box. Then, she dug her hand into the box and searched for other things. She fished out another red box, this one bigger than the other one. She opened it and smiled little looking at the beautiful collar-bone length Mangalsutra. She remembered when she and Randhir had secretly married, he had tied it for her. Though she never wore it she had kept it safe. She looked back at it. She wanted to keep wearing it but since their marriage was a secret she couldn't.

Sanyukta sighed and closed the box, then she placed it into the other box. Quickly, she stuffed all her engineering stuffs back into the box and closed it. She stuffed it back in the bottom cabinet. She stood up and searched through her clothes. After some time, she managed to take a beautiful golden color lehenga. It was neatly packed. She wondered why she had kept all these things with so much care. Sanyukta felt emotional as she looked at her wedding dress. But it was just for a moment and she realized that she was supposed to "move on". She placed the Lehengha neatly inside the box and walked up to her study table. She got a marker, cello tape and scissors. She sat down and neatly, very securely packed the box. With the marker she wrote

Not Work

Then, she lifted the box and walked out of the room. Since, it was late in the night, everyone was asleep. She tiptoed to the storeroom and searched for a secluded spot, somewhere that no can find it lest someone sees it or throws it away. Finally, she found a spot and placed the box there. Then, she covered it with other boxes and leaned back. She huffed placing her palms on her hips.

'I don't know why you have come back, Randhir. But I know one thing that I will not disappoint my father. I won't.' She spoke to herself. She kept staring at the box for some more time before leaving the room.

**************************

Randhir had his dinner quietly. Renuka tried to start a conversation but he remained quiet. After dinner he retired to his room, locked the door and sat on the bed. He clasped his palms and stared at the ground briefly before grabbing his phone from the bedside table and lay down on the bed.

He unlocked his phone and surfed through the photo gallery. He found a solo picture of Sanyukta and clicked on it.

He smiled a little as he looked at her smiling face. He sighed and placed his arm under his head.

'I have come back, Sanyukta.' He said while looking at the photo, then he smiled again.

*****************************

Next day, Sanyukta was nervous but she didn't let it show on her face. Anyway, Kishore could feel her tense beside him as they sat together in the car. He looked at her. She had her thumb-nail in between her teeth and staring out of the window. Kishore sighed and looked away.

Soon, they arrived at the factory. Kishore turned to Sanyukta and said, - 'I and Ankit will go inspect the new engine, while you go and do the paperwork.'

Sanyukta nodded and turned around. Ankit watched her walk away and then leaned towards his father.

'I have doubt on her,' - Kishore looked at him, - 'She will mess up.' Ankit said seriously. Kishore looked at his son's posture and scoffed. He looked away.

'I have doubt on you.' - Ankit looked baffled, Kishore looked at him, - 'Listen, when they come please keep your mouth shut.' He said sternly. Ankit made a face, but Kishore ignored him and walked away.

*********************

Sanyukta was working in her cabin when she got a call. She picked up her phone and glanced at the screen.

Bhai calling...

She fumbled with her phone before she answered the call, - 'Hel-Hello?'

'They are here,' - Sanyukta felt her heart jump to her throat, - 'Come soon.' Ankit said and cut the call. Sanyukta closed her eyes as she moved the phone from her ear and sighed. Then, she placed it down and took a deep breath. Composing herself, she got up. As she walked towards the door, she adjusted her hair on her shoulder. She pushed open the door and walked out.

**************************

Sanyukta walked into the boardroom meeting and found her father, brother along with Renuka Saniyal, one another person, and... Randhir. He was dressed formally in a maroon blazer and black shirt. She looked at him and he looked back. Kishore looked at Sanyukta and to avoid any awkwardness he hurried to her and held her shoulder. She snapped from her daze and looked at her father.

'So, our MD Sanyukta Agarwal is here.' He announced. She smiled at Renuka.

After Sanyukta formally introduced herself, she shook hands with everyone. She found out the other man was Mr. Vikram Rai, a senior automobile expert at Saniyal Industries.

Ankit smiled, - 'Now, I will order some snacks and tea.' He said proudly. Kishore rolled his eyes. Renuka and Vikram looked slightly awkward. Ankit leaned back and smiled widely.

'Wait I will call.' He said tapping his fingers. Kishore facepalmed.

Ankit doesn't notice Renuka shaking her head and leaned forward to grab the landline when Kishore held his hand. Ankit looked at his father.

'We can leave snacks for now. We have a new engine we would like to show first.' Kishore did the damage control, then he looked sternly at Ankit and he gulped.

'Great,' - Randhir interrupted them and everyone looked him, and he looked at Sanyukta, - 'Miss. Agarwal will show the working.' He said all the while his gaze fixed on Sanyukta. Her eyes- widened at the thought of using a machine. Kishore looked tensed as well while Ankit lightly slammed his fist on the table.

Randhir, Renuka, and Vikram looked at their worried faces and Renuka asked, - 'Any problem?'

Kishore fumbled with what to say but Sanyukta interrupted him and replied confidently.

'No Problem, Maam.'

Kishore looked at Sanyukta, she simply blinked at him and he nodded. Randhir watched them keenly.

***************************

Yaay *_* Sandhir mil Gaye. But ab kya? What if Sanyukta messes up? Will Randhir find out about her phobia?

Stay tuned to find out,