Episode 19~ Who is to Blame?

Next day, Sanyukta came to City Hospital. She was very excited this time. After speaking with Dr. Prasad she walked into the ward where Parth was kept. She saw a nurse helping him stand. He stumbled and Sanyukta hurried to him. She held his other arm and he looked gratefully at her. She smiled little at him. Then, she and the nurse helped him walk till the bathroom. Sanyukta hurried and got some casual clothes for Parth. Before coming to hospital, she had gone shopping and got some casuals for Parth. She passed the clothes to him.

'Thanks.' He said in a meek voice. She smiled, nodding.

'Be careful.' She said, and he nodded. Then, he stepped back and closed the door. Sanyukta paced eagerly. When she heard the bathroom door click, she turned around. Parth stepped out of the bathroom. She was relieved seeing he was okay. But she noticed the shirt was tight around his biceps and chest.

'I will get you new clothes.' She said apologetically.

Parth smiled, - 'Yes, please.' He said tugging at the hem of the electric blue Tee. They looked at each other and chuckled. Suddenly, Parth felt giddy and stumbled. Sanyukta hurried to him and wrapped her arm around his waist and does stopping his fall. The nurse also hurried to them and held Parth. The ladies helped him stand.

'Please don't stand and talk much. You have just woken up from Coma.' She said. Sanyukta and Parth both nodded. Then, the ladies helped Parth to walk towards the bed and made him sit. The nurse excused herself saying she will get the wheelchair. After she left, Sanyukta turned to look at him.

'So,' - she placed her palm on his shoulder, - 'How are you feeling?' She asked. He smiled looking at her.

'Alive.' He said and Sanyukta smiled a little.

Sanyukta sat beside him, they spoke for a while before Doctor arrived followed by the nurse. She had a wheel-chair with her.

'Sanyukta,' - Sanyukta stood up, - 'I will talk and do some last-minute check up on Parth. Meanwhile, you fill out the formalities and bill in the reception.' Dr. Prasad said. Sanyukta nodded. She looked at Parth and placed her palm on his shoulder.

'I will be back.' She said. They smiled at each other and then Sanyukta took her leave.

********************************

As Sanyukta was filling the form at the reception she felt someone tap her shoulder. She turned around and was surprised to see Renuka standing behind her. She felt awkward to start a conversation and was glad Renuka spoke first.

'How are you Sanyukta? And what are you doing here?' She asked looking around. Sanyukta gulped. She remembered their last encounter and felt slightly intimidated remembering Randhir saying that his parents had kidnapped her.

'Sanyukta?' Renuka placed her palm on her shoulder and Sanyukta flinched. She noted that and retracted her hand. She lowered her head briefly, sighed and looked up.

'I know, Sanyukta. You must be hating me for that I and Harsh did. I agree it was wrong. I was blinded by my son's love.' She said seriously.

Sanyukta mustered all her courage and spoke, - 'I am sorry, Maam. What you did cannot be justified in name of love.' She said trying to be confident, but her voice did waver for a second.

Renuka sighed, - 'I know. But you won't understand my love, desperation, and frustration for my son's love. You aren't a mother yet. You won't understand.' She said.

Sanyukta nodded, - 'I agree, Maam that I won't understand your situation because I am not a mother. No offense Maam, but all this happened because of you. Your indifference and messed up priority made Randhir hate you.' She said. And regretted her statement when she saw tears pooling in Renuka's eyes.