Episode 1~ Miserable and Heartbroken

Parth, don't press the button yet

But we must, Sanyukta. Else, we will lose....

Just to win, I can't do what you did. I can't kill somebody

I wanted a simple girl to marry and not an ambitious hungry one

Have a good life, Sanyukta....

Sanyukta woke up with a jolt. She gasped for air and blinked at the ceiling. Still dazed. After her breathing and heart rate returned to normal she sat up on the bed.

'It was just a dream.' Sanyukta spoke to herself and quickly wiped the sweat beads from her face and neck. She closed her eyes and held her head tightly and exhaled loudly, - 'Just a dream.'

As her eyes adjusted to the dark room she gulped feeling her throat parched. Sanyukta leaned and poured some water from the jar.

The haunting memories of the past flashed before her eyes as she brought the glass to her lips.

Sanyukta squeezed her eyes tightly - 'Stop thinking about it, Sanyukta.' She told herself. It has been two years since the accident, but nothing has changed. Sanyukta Agarwal's life has come to stand still. She quickly drank the water and placed the glass back on the table. She checked the time on the alarm clock and sighed. It is just 5 am. Sanyukta fell back against the bed and pulled the duvet to her chin and stared at the rotating ceiling fan until sleep engulfed her again.

******************************************

Kishore, dressed in his suit, sat at the dining table reading a newspaper while Ankit sat beside him, he is busy on the call. Kishore glanced at his son and shook his head watching him talk animatedly to someone. He says it is an important client, but Mr. Agarwal knows he is just wasting time. Kishore sighed and looked back into his paper. He has now come to terms with the fact that his elder son is useless.

Sanyukta climbed downstairs and heard her father yelling, - 'Arey, Vidhushi are we getting food in this lifetime or the next.'

'Coming, Papa. Two minutes.' Vidhushi yelled back. She sounded agitated. Kishore exhaled deeply and glared at Ankit. He shrugged at his father.

'Your wife will make us late for office, again.' Kishore expressed his disappointment. Ankit simply lowered his head. Just as Kishore looked away he spotted Sanyukta walking towards the main door. He placed his newspaper on the table and called her. 'Arey, Beta. Where are you going?'

Sanyukta paused on hearing her father's voice. She turned around and Kishore gestured her to come. She nodded and walked to him.

'Have breakfast first.' He pointed at the table. Sanyukta looked at the empty table and then back at her father. Vidhushi's two minutes could be one hour also and Sanyukta can't afford to lose that much time. She shook her head.

'No, Papa. I will have something later. Now, I have to go, urgently.' She said. Kishore looked seriously while Ankit looked annoyed

'You are going there every day, but nothing is happening. If you go late today nothing will happen.' Ankit spoke harshly. Sanyukta looked upset hearing his words while Kishore glared at his son. Ankit looked away, intimidated.

'When you don't know what to say you better shut up.' Kishore spoke sternly. Ankit lowered his head and mumbled a sorry. Kishore turned to look at Sanyukta and forced a smile. He held her palm tightly. Sanyukta lowered her head.

'Okay, Beta. Go. But don't forget to eat something.' Kishore advised her. Sanyukta blinked and nodded. Kishore smiled and patted her palm. She then took his leave and left.