"AND I DON'T NEED YOU?" Shouted Carter.

I jumped back a little at his sudden reaction. Panic started to bubble inside me. I was scared about where this conversation could lead. Carter took in a long deep breath. His hold on my hand getting a little tighter.

"We'll make it work, I won't be gone forever-"

"I want you to leave" Said Carter, letting go of my hand.

I stared at his face, not sure what I heard was correct or just my imagination.

"Wha....what?" I said with a gulp. Trying to keep my voice steady.

"I need you to leave, I need time and space to think things through. Don't come to visit me again, I'll reach out to you myself "

The world stopped there for me. I stared at Carter's face and saw his firm and stern look. Tears fell from my eyes on there own.

"No, please don't do this. Carter please" I said reaching out for his hand but he pulled away.

"Please leave Eva, don't make this harder for me," He said looking away.

I sat there for a few more minutes, waiting for him to say that he didn't mean it, he didn't want me to leave. I waited for him to say something, anything. But he didn't.

Slowly I got up from the chair, feeling the world I made for myself change completely.

......................................

I was in my room staring outside the window when Ally came barging in. She closed the door with a loud thud and looked at me. Anger prominent on her face.

"You're leaving?" She asked in a controlled voice.

I stared at her and looked out the window again. Moonshining brightly like it was the sun.

"Yes," I replied, not looking back at her.

"And you didn't bother telling me?" Came the first sharp blade.

"We....we were not on talking terms" I replied. Trying to keep my voice steady and my eyes vacant of those tears that I have shed so many times now.

"Screw that, you should have told me regardless of if we were talking or not. That isn't even the problem here Eva" her voice kept rising with each word but I didn't flinch.

"Why the hell are you moving?" She asked in a controlled voice.

"Dad got a job offer in Canada, his dream job-"

"Why are YOU leaving," she said, her voice not so controlled anymore.

"I can't leave dad alone, I can't leave the twins and Millie alone" I reply.

"Stop using your family as an excuse, you can stay and you know that but your ego is too big for you to consider living with you mom"

This blade of Ally hurt a lot, like someone twisting the knife after it has been stabbed in the body.

"Your ego is SO HUGE you don't even think about me or Mason or Carter"

I didn't reply back, didn't know what to say. I knew this wasn't the case, I have spent nights thinking if I wanted to leave just because I didn't want to stay with my mother. But this wasn't it, no matter what Ally said I loved my mother.

"LOOK AT ME" screamed Ally and this time I flinched.

I took a deep breath and turned to look at her, leaving the moon that looked like a sun behind me cause a moon can never be a sun, it can never shine as brightly.