Chapter 2

"Eva" I heard Mason's voice as I entered the cafeteria.

I moved towards where he was sitting along with Ally.

"Hey" I said with a smile and sat down next to Ally.

"Its been just one day back and we have been piled with homework" said Ally, her frustration visible on her face.

"Maybe if you complain less and work more....."

"MASON please don't start, im not in the mood" said Ally glaring at him.

Mason Grey was a blond hair, light blue coloured eyes guy without any muscles and just bone. I have no idea why he is so thin when he ates so much. He was the kind who liked libraries more than gym and also the reason why me and Ally passed our maths papers.

I took a fry from Mason's plate and said:

"I got partnered up with Carter for an english project."

"WHAT!!!"

"Ally do not over react I repeat do not over react" I said rolling my eyes.

"Okay....okay......I wont over react" she said and took a deep breath before continuing.

"So you talked to him? How does he talk? What does his face look like when......"

"ALLY no we didn't talk, and im worried right now cause i dont think he is going to do the project which means i have to do it myself and its a lengthy task I have no idea what I am going to do" I groaned.

"Poor you" said Mason with a light laugh.

"Oh there he comes" said Ally looking towards the entrance of the cafeteria as the royal gang came in walking towards their usual spot, not bothering with anyone else"

"Eva you dont know if he is going to do the project or not so I suggest you go talk to him right now and ask" said Ally looking straight at me.

"Are you crazy? Im not going to talk to him"

"Why are you intimidated?" Said Ally tilting her head slightly, judging me.

"Im not"

"You are"

"Im not"

"You are"

"Im not"

"You are"

"Okay FINE" I said standing up.

"Okay fine" replied Ally raising her eyebrow.

I push my chair back and walk towards the table where Carter was sitting with his friends. He was leaning back in his chair as he listened to one of his friends who was talking. I reached near his table standing behind him, not sure how to approach him.

"Umm" I said lightly and silence grew on the table as all of his friends stared at me. Carter on the other hand didnt bother turing around.

"Carter" I said lightly, I do'nt know why I feel nervous.

He turned around slightly and looked at me.

"Hey I wanted to talk about the ennglish project, how do you want to-"

Carter turned his back again toward me. I stopped talking as I saw him take out his phone and doing something on it.

"I'm talking to you" I said annoyed but he stoll carried on with whatever he was doing refusing to acknowledge me.

"I said i'm talk-"

"I dont feel like talking to you" he said turning around to face me.

Anger bubbled up inside me at his arrogance as his friends snickered in the background.

"Im not doing the project alone" I said before walking away and cursing Ally.

"Im home" I said as I closed the door behind me.

"Daniel, Alex I brought donuts for you" I said as I walked towards the kitchen. As I entered I saw my mom standing next to the window.

"What are you doing here?" I asked disturbing her from her thoughts.
She looked at me and smiled, then walked towards me and embraced me in a hug.
My mom, Lindsey Baker is a women in her mid thirty's her light brown hair matched her light brown eyes, my dad use to tell me she was the most beautiful girl in the entire college and there has not been a day I have ever doubted that. As I looked more closely I could see the wrinckles.

"I came to see you" she said breaking away from me.

"How are you?"

"Im good" I said placing the donuts on the kitchen counter.

"How's school?"

"Its good."

"Hows your stud-"

"Everything is good" I said looking at her. Her smile faded for a second before she streched it even further than before.

"I wanted to ask you something" she said.

"What is it?"

"Can I take Millie with me for a week?"

"No of course not" I said, bewildered looking at her.

"She is used to sleeping with dad and me changing her clothes and feeding her. She is used to Daniel and Alex playing with her and her nanny. You do'nt know anything about her."

"Okay- okay i wo'nt take her but can I take her, you Daniel and Alex for dinner tonight?"

I stared at her, not understanding the point of why she is doing this. When you leave someone why do'nt you just leave them? Why do you keep coming back to remained them they you left them?

"You can take the rest I ca'nt go, I have lots of homework to do"

I grabbed my bag and turned around to leave.

"Wait-" said mom as she grabbed my hand.

"Umm-aaa-you know im getting married in a couple of months, so I just-"

"It's none of my buisness"

She ignored my statement and continued.

"I would like it if you can come"

I stared at her for a long time, its been a year since I have looked at her full. There were so many things that I have missed, her face looked different.

"Come to see my mom get married to a man who is'nt my dad?" I said and left knowing she didn't had an answer to that and I did'nt want to make things uncomfortable for her.

I closed my locker as I stared at my watch.I still had ten minutes to spare, Ally and Mason both were'nt here yet. As I looked across the hallway I saw Carter standing next to his locker. He was wearing a checked shirt as he typed away at his phone. Thinking I should give it another try and the fact that he was alone I walked towards him.

"Carter" I said standing in front of him.

He stopped typing and looked up at me, then turned his face to the other side sighing.

"We need to do this project okay? It might not be important to you but its really important to me and you need to tell me how we will do this whoxh part do you want-"

"Listen, whats your name again?" He said finally looking at me.

I sighed and said:"Eva"

"Yea Eva look i dont feel like doing this project and I dont feel like doing it with you, I get for the first time you come up with an excuse to finally talk to me but im not interested"

I stare at him in disbelief, trying to come up with a clever reply. How dare he talked to me like that? I was not a naive girl desperate for his attention.

"CARTER" came a high pitched voice from a distance and Haley Smith walked towards us with her straight blond hair, blue eyes and high heels. Her designer bag on her shoulder, you get the idea don't you?

"Hey" she said smilling at Carter and then turned towards me.

"What do you want?" She said looking at me.

"Nothing" said Carter as he walked away with Haley following his steps.

COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE.