Chapter 23

This chapter is again for crazy_catalyst who made this beautiful cover for This Is Love. I am so thankful. People show her some love.

........................

Four men came out of the silver car, I couldn't see their faces clearly due to rain. Two of them looked older while the other two were about our age. Drake and Carter were standing in front of the car, both of them were wet to the bone. Their definately going to catch a cold.

"Hello Carter William, how are you" said one of the man.

He was standing ahead of the rest, probably the leader of the gang. He had a small beard and muscles.

"Why are you here?" Said Carter.

His voice was low but dangerous. I could see his hands clenched by his side.

"Don't you already know? Now you give me what I want and this will be quick with no harm done" he replied, with a haunting smile.

"I don't know what your talking about"

"Don't give me that crap" said the man loudly. The smile on his face gone, he looked scary now.

"You're going to get nothing, now get out of the way" said Drake stepping a little forward.

"Boss there are girls in the car" said a boy standing on the left. A pathetic smile on his face.

Carter's back tensed for the first time. His relaxed posture gone. Drake was the same, he turned to look at Carter and then back ahead.

"I can see that" replied the boss, his smile back on his face.

Beside me Ally jumped into driver's seat.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"What Carter said" she replied placing the key into its hole.

"Ally we can't leave them here alone" I said.

I was terrified now of what could happen. Who were these men? How did they know Carter and Drake? And what do they want from them?

Ally turned around to look at me.

"I'm sorry Eva, for bringing you here, for bringing Drake and Carter here. Its all my fault" she said, tears forming in her eyes.

Before I could say anything the boss spoke again.

"Carter give me what I want and there will be no blood" he growled.

He stepped a little forward. His hand reached behind him and when it came back in my view it held a gun. A real gun.

My blood froze seeing that, I could hear my heart beating, this is not right, this is not right at all. I don't know what to do, how to get passed this. What is going to happen? What if he fires at Carter or Drake.

The image of Carter lying on the road with blood all around him came into my mind and my eyes filled up with tears. It was going so good up till now, it was perfect. Then why did this have to happen.

"This is the last time I'm asking you to get out of the way" said Carter and I saw him lift up his hoodie from behind, the silver metal of the gun visible.

He grabbed the gun and brought it forward, Drake doing the same. Why do they have guns with them?

"Okay, we'll have it your way then" said the boss. "Max get the girls" 

The boy on his left that pointed us out in the first place nodded with a smile.
Carter and Drake both stepped out of the way of the car. I heard the click of the gun and then Carter shout.