Chapter 55

I opened my wardrobe and stared at my clothes, scanning it from left to right and groaned loudly. I had nothing to wear, I had a date with Carter in a few hours and had absolutely nothing to wear. I grabbed a green sweater and thought I really needed to go shopping. That reminded me of Ally, we haven't gone shopping together in a long time, I wonder how long before she starts talking to me again and things go back to normal, I didn't want to think we might never talk to each other again. She made a point to ignore me completely today, not even an eye contact.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the thoughts. It's just a stupid fight we'll get over it soon and laugh about it but the thing is me and Ally rarely ever fought and when we did we made sure to talk it out, apologizing for where we were wrong and being inseparable the next day. This, however, was different we didn't want to talk to each other, this is something that has never happened before.

My thoughts came to an abrupt halt when my phone vibrated in my jeans pocket, I placed the sweater back in the closet and took out my phone.

"Hey mom," I said as I walked towards the bed.

"Hi, How are you?" came her calm voice.

"I'm good, you?"

"I'm fine, you haven't come by for days now."

"I know. I'm sorry. I'll come soon, promise" I said as I laid back on the bed.

"Me and Henry were thinking of going for a holiday somewhere, to spend some time together and all."

"Its called a honeymoon you know?" I replied.

"Aren't we too old for that?"

"No, your not and I think its a great idea, you can relax after what happened and have a good time"

I sat up on the bed, staring at my closet again. My eyes roaming on my clothes, waiting for a beautiful dress to magically appear.

"Are you trying to get rid of me?" Came my mom's voice.

I smiled and got up moving towards the closet.

"Gee, was I that obvious?"

I heard a small laugh and felt myself relax, I do miss her.

"Okay but this isn't what I actually called for," She said her voice suddenly serious.

"What is it?" I asked my brows furrowed.

"Your father told me about his new job offer"

I stopped everything I was doing, my eyes staring at the wall but not really seeing it.

"He told you?"

I didn't think dad would have told mom, I mean he said he wasn't going to take the job so why did he tell her?

"I called him earlier that day to ask how he was doing, he had just gotten off the call from the owner of the restaurant. I was the first one to know"

She took in a long breath as if trying to make herself ready for what she was going to say next.

"Eva this has been your father's dream since he was in high school, when we used to talk about our dreams together this was the first one he used to say out loud, he has worked so hard and waited so patiently for this, I think it would be so wrong if he just gives it up."

I walked back to my bed and sat down, the weight of her words too heavy for me to stand.

"Eva I know how hard this decision is, believe me, it's even harder for me. My life entirely consists of you four, I can't ever imagine being away from you all. I understand you don't want to leave and so does your father, maybe that's why he is not taking this offer. I know you don't want to leave Carter and Ally and Mason, I know you hate change but we all always think of ourselves. I think its time we think of your father for once"