Chapter 12

I was doing my homework, peacefully till my phone rang. I stopped the music playing on my laptop and picked up the call.
"Hey sweetie how are you doing?" Came my mother's voice.
"Im doing great"
"Okay get ready, im going to come pick you up and we're going to spend sometime together. Just you and me"
I took in a deep breath after hearing her excited voice. Does she really think everything is okay? That its back to normal? Infact last time I checked it was even worse than before. What is wrong with my mom?
"Mom I can't go, have loads of homework to do"
"Oh its fine you can do it after we come back, it wont take long i promise, please come"
"Why do you have Henry and Kaiden with you?" I said
"No Eva I don't and even if I did there shouldn't be a problem. I mean they're going to be with me from now on so why don't get use to them."
My anger was bubbling inside me ready to burst.
"Mom I don't want to met your new family and what you did on sunday was very wrong of you. You knew I don't want to meet them yet you still somehow managed to do as you please. Its not about you only okay? Not everyone get use to other people as quickly as you do, not everyone replace like you do." I said all of that in one breath, my voice getting a little louder. Before she could say anything I ended the call.
I closed my books and lay down on my bed trying to cool myself down. Why has my life become such a drama? Sometimes i feel like running away from all this craziness. I didn't had much time to myself as Ally barged into my room, unannounced.
"Hey" She said dropping on my bed.
"Hello" I replied sitting up straight and gathering my books so I could put them aside, you can never study when Ally is around.
"Whats up?" I asked.
"Nothing much" She replied.
She lay like a dead women for five more minutes then slowly sat up.
"So how's this Kaiden?" She said casually.
I stared at her fiercely and said:
"Don't even think about it"
"Why, are you dating him?" She said raising one eyebrow to intimidate me, she always does that and most of the time it works.
"Gosh no Ally he's my step brother" I said hurriedly.
"WHAT!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"
Ally was now standing on the bed looking at me like I've gone crazy.
"Yes I met my soon to be step father and brother this sunday and there's more" I said stopping her from saying anything
"Carter stayed here the night of the storm"
"WHAT THE HELL EVA!?"
"Its not my fault, you shouldn't have gone away the whole weekend" I said glaring at her.
"The only time I leave you alone there is so much that happens and all the weekends that I did spent with you, there's nothing." She said sitting down on the bed now.
"Start from the beggining"
I finished telling Ally the whole story and answering her thousands of questions. She was laying again, thinking of any other questions she had.
"So what about you and Mason huh?" I asked trying to stop her from questioning me again.
She sighed, forgetting about everything else on her mind. She really does like Mason. At first I thought it was just a crush, Ally has had millions of crushes before but she'll get over them soon. Mason however is a different story I guess. She seems pretty serious about him and im going to do everything I can to get them together.
"I don't know Eva, its like he doesn't even see me"
"Hey its not like that, I think he just doesn't see you in that way, you know he thinks your just her friend"
"So whats the point? If he's never going to see me in that way" She huffed.
"Come on now don't dishearten. You have to make him feel like that way. Why don't you go out with him alone, just the two of you, try spending more time with her"
She nodded then slumped back down on the bed.

I was doing my shift at the cafe, there weren't many people today so not much work to do. I was making coffee when I looked up and saw Kaiden leaning against the counter.
"What the hell, are you stalking me or something?" I said a little taken aback by his sudden appearence.
"Maybe" he said and sat down on the chair.
"A cup of coffee please"
I glared at him and then turned to get a cup to fill the coffee in. I handed it to him.
"What do you want Kaiden?" I huffed, sitting opposite him.
He took a sip of his coffee staring at me the whole time.
"I want you and me to get along"
"Thats not possible, you don't get it i don't want to get associated with my mom's new family"
"Eva there's no escaping it okay? Why can't you be happy for your mom huh? And my dad is not a bad man okay?"
I stood up glaring at him.
"Your dad is not my dad"
I turned around to leave but he got hold of my arm stopping me.
"Okay how about one try, just for me not even my dad. We could go out somewhere together" He said letting go of my arm after seeing I wasn't going to run away.
"Me? Go somewhere with you?"
"You can bring your friends along, I don't mind making friends here infact last time i checked i was really in need of them"
"EVA" came Sandy's voice from inside calling me.
"I'll think about it" i said and turned around to leave.