Chapter 36

This chapter is for kaitsher03. Thankyou for sticking with this story and supporting it, means the world.

.................................

*Ally James*

It has been a week since Eva went missing, no one has been able to find her yet, not even the police.

I have never imagined a life without Eva but now that I am living it I realise how difficult it is. There is this big hole now that no matter what cannot be filled up.

Its hard to go to school knowing she wouldn't be there. That I won't jump up to her. The school seems so sad now, its quiter. No one talks at the cafetaria table, no one laughs in the class. Everyone misses her. I miss her.

I brushed away a tear that escaped. Its hard not to cry when I think about Eva. I wonder where she is. I hope she is okay, she's not hurt. It would kill me if something happens to her.

There was a knock at the door. I sat up straight, blinking my eyes to get rid of the tears.

"Come in" I said.

The door opened and Mason walked in. He closed the door behind him.

"Hey" he said walking over and sitting next to me on the bed.

"Hi" I replied surprised to see him here.

"I....you weren't in school for two days so I came to check on you" he said.

"I don't want to go to school, I feel lonely there now" I replied, my voice cracking.

"I know, there was a prayer for her today as if she's dead" said Mason bitterly.

I looked at him, he was beautiful, every inch of him. Looking at his eyes, I could tell he had cried.

"She'll come back, right Mason?" I said as tears started to fall.

"Of course she's going to come back" said Mason moving forward and hugging me.

I cried on his shoulder for a while as he rubbed his hand on my back trying to calm me down. It was nice to have him here, even after everything that happened, he was still my friend. We have spend years together, we find comfort in each other and no one can take that away from us.

"What bothers me most is that our last time with her we were fighting. We were so busy in ourselves that we ignored her" said Mason.

"We stop paying attention to her, how could we?" I said sniffing.

Mason pulled back, tilting my face up so I was looking at him.

"We are going to find her, she has to come back"

I nodded, giving him a faint smile.

"And lets not fight anymore" he said smilling back.

After Mason left I went down to get something to eat. As I walked inside the kitchen I saw my mom sitting on a stool, crying.

She cleaned her tears after seeing me come in.

"Ally, honey you can't keep on missing school like this"

I walked over to her and hugged her.

"I'm sorry I know I should be strong for you but everytime I think of Eva I can't help it" she said crying again.

"Its okay mom Eva is going to come back" I said tears falling from my eyes too now.

She nodded and hugged me back and as I watched my mother cry I realised there was another mother who would be crying right now too. Who would need a hug and an assurity that everything will be okay just like this.