Chapter 25

I groaned as I heard the alarm go off. Taking my hand out of the blanket I stopped the piercing sound, Its was monday again. Getting up from I made my way to the bathroom, freshing myself. Its a struggle, trying to get ready for school.

As I made my way down I could smell the delecious food my father was making. The twins were playing with their food. It still amazes me how my father manages to do all this alone, raising four kids as if he's a pro.

"Good morning" I said as I sat next to Daniel.

"Morning" said my father, placing my food filled plate in front of me.

I thanked him and digged into my food. From the distant I heard the horn of the bus.

"Come on, lets go" said dad, grabbing the twin's bags as they scrambled off their chairs.

After helping them with the bags, my dad went out to drop them off. You can never trust these twins, they could run to the park instead of the bus.

"BYE EVA" they screamed as they left.

"Bye" I replied back.

My dad came back after dropping them, making his breakfast now. As I ate, savouring the taste, it suddenly clicked me.

"Dad? What happened to that offer you got? To cater at a wedding?"

"Oh yea, I completely forgot. I'll call them today, telling I can't come." He replied.

"What! Dad, no! You have to go, this is a big offer, bigger than all the previous ones you got"

"I know Eva but I can't leave you all alone here"

"Dad, it will be fine believe me, mom is here she'll take care okay? She has to, we're her kids too"

"I know Eva, I'm actually not worried about the twins and Millie. Its you I'm worried about." He said, taking the fried eggs out of the pan.

"What? Me?" I asked looking at me wierdly. Why is he worried about me?

"Because you won't stay with your mom and I just can't leave you here alone" He said sitting opposite me, his

"Dad, I can take care of myself"

"I know you can but-"

"OKAY FINE! I'll stay with mom" I announced.

He looked at me then back at his plate taking a bite.

"Even if you stay you will fight and-"

"I don't fight with her" I huffed. He stopped eating at looked at me sternly.

"Well I used to fight, not anymore"

"He sighed and closes his eyes, thinking. I really want him to take this offer, its good for him. He would do what he always wanted to do and there's also enough money coming with this.

"Dad we'll be fine don't worry about us. I would stay with mom and be a good daughter okay? She's my mom and I think its good of I spend sometime with her, its been long" I said softly, hoping he would let go of his worries about us and for once think about himself.

"Okay, I'll think about it" he said.

"No dad you have to promise you'll go" I said urging him.

He took another moment to think and then finally gave in.

"Okay, I'll do it" he said with a smile.

.............................

I ran into the school, the talk with dad earlier had gotten me a little late. I made my way to the english class hoping Miss Jean wasn't there yet. As I entered the class I was relieved she wasn't there. There were students settling in.I made my way to my usual seat and collapsed on it.