Chapter 43

I walked out of the room into the kitchen, the twins were sitting on the the chairs surrounding a tiny table. It was time for them to go to school.

"Tell me Eva, how amazing is it to stay in bed all day and not go to school?" asked Alex.

"Its pretty amazing and boring" I replied, pouring myself a glass of fresh juice.

Mom came rushing in the kitchen, Millie on her hip, crying.

"Oh your up honey, I'll get you your breakfast" she said as she placed Millie on top of the counter.

"What happened?" I asked her as she hold out her hands for me to pick her up.

"Don't pick her up, your stiches might open" Said my mom.

It was fun watching her rush around the kitchen making breakfast for me, lunch for the twins and managing Millie. It has been a long time since she last did that. I remember my dad, he was the same way at the start when mom left but now he is a pro at handling everything.

"Do you need help?" I asked.

"No, I can do this" she huffed as she placed my breakfast in front of me.

"Dad's breakfast is better but don't tell her" whispered Daniel next to me.

"Eva I need to go buy grocery and stuff so I was thinking I could drop the twins and go to the market directly from there. Would that be okay with you?" She said as she held out the spoon for Millie to eat.

"Yes mom, I'll be fine" I replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes mom" I said again trying to convince her.

After half an hour everyone left. Mom took Millie with her so I was all alone in the house. I walked towards the living room, grabbing the remote and turning on the tv. I was about to sit on the couch when there was a bell on the door. Thinking mom must have left something I made my way to it. Opening the door I saw Carter standing in front of me.

He was wearing a white wollen sweater and had a shopper in his hand.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" I said.

"I missed you" he replied.

I could feel the butterflies fly in my stomach. I stepped aside and let him in.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I feel great at this moment" I replied looking at him.
1
"I asked the doctor he said it'll be fine if you eat ice cream. So I thought we could eat it together" he said.

He took out two small cups of ice cream, giving me mine and he discarded the shopper.

"What were you doing?" He askes as I walked towards the living room, Carter following me.

"I was about to watch a movie" I said.

"Great we can watch it together"

We settled on the floor instead of the couch, surrounding ourselves with cushions. Carter leaned against the couch, placing me in front of him, my head resting on his chest.

"I thought we were going to watch an actual movie not an animated one" said Carter as the movie started.

"Oh come one, toy story three is one of the best movies out there"

"Yea right" he said as he hold out the spoon for me to eat the ice cream from.

"My favourite character of this movie is was the girl woody used to be with but Andy didn't keep her when he grew up. Poor Woody"