Chapter 52

I walked through the school's gate, looking around the parking lot for any signs of Carter or his car. He wasn't here yet.

I opened the front door of the building and entered inside, trying to escape the cold. I took in a deep breath and walked to my locker. There weren't many people in the school yet, I was early.

I reached my locker and opened it, taking out the books I would be needing for today. As I shut the door my eyes wandered to Ally's locker. After staring at it for a few moments I reached in my pocket and took out my phone.

I dialed Ally's number waiting for her to pick up but she didn't which meant she was still sleeping and wasn't coming to school. Its been four days in a row now.

I don't understand Ally and Drake, both of them weren't coming to school because they didn't want to see each other. There was no point of acting like this.

I don't know why Drake is avoiding Ally, if he didn't loved Ally yet he could have just said it. She would have understood after awhile but Drake acting like this means he doesn't want to continue the relationship. And Ally has been crying ever since, she wouldn't come out of her room or eat properly or do anything at all. I'm worried about her. Whenever I talk about this with Carter he says give them time, that everything will be fine.

My phone beeped driving me out of my thoughts. It was a text from Carter, I frowned as I read it:

'I won't be coming to school today, I'm sorry. Drake called, he needs help with something. But let me make it up to you, my parents aren't here so I was thinking maybe we can have dinner Friday night at my place?'

I quickly texted him back 'sure'

"Hi Eva" I heard a voice and turned around to see Nina standing behind me.

"Oh hi Nina" I smiled.

"I know I've been missing in action for a while now but want to make it up to you. So I was wondering if we can hangout at your place tomorrow evening." She said with a smile on her face.

"Oh, That would be great but I actually have to go out with Carter on friday can we do it another day?"

"Yea its totally fine. We can do it on Sunday" she replied.

"Okay, done"

"So...a date with Carter huh? Where is he taking you?" She asked me, wriggling her eyebrows.

"Nina! We're not really going out. He'll take me to his place and we'll have dinner there."

"But wouldn't it be a little awkward with his parents around?" She asked.

"No, his parents aren't here and I need to go to class or I'll be late." I said and started walking away, waving her goodbye with my hand.

"Okay bye, see you later" Nina said after awhile staring at my back thoughtfully.

..............................

I was in the kitchen drinking water when the front door opened and dad walked in. He placed his coat on the stand and walked inside the kitchen, a huge smile on his face.

"Welcome home dad" I said as he walked to me and suddenly hugged me.

"Dad...dad, are you alright? Dad whats up? Are you okay?" I said surprised by his sudden loving gesture.

"I'm.....I am just really happy" he said and then let go of me.

"Happy? Why....like its great to be happy, I'm happy to see you happy but is there a specific reason-"