Chapter 1

I am currently sitting on my window sill, staring at the clouds covering the moon again. Its midnight, the world outside quite but not asleep yet. Even without seeing I can hear the leaves dance in the wind. A party going on in the midst of all the stillness.

After spending a few more minutes admiring the night sky I finally get up and move towards my bed. I lay down and close my eyes in hopes to sleep. Something I should have done an hour ago. But the jitters won't let me rest.

It was strange that even after all these years I still felt nervous going back to school after summer vacation.

Tomorrow is the first day of school after summer break and I am not looking forward to it. Its going to be one hell of a busy day, not only have I to get myself ready but I have to sort out my siblings and the whole damn house, I have to bear the torture of the school followed by my shift at the cafe. Then come home and again sort the house, the humans in it and homework. Just thinking about it makes me feel so tired.

I groan and turn to my side. Life hasn't been easy for us lately. My mom left us and is now getting married to another man. That left me to take care of my dad, my eight year old twin brothers, three years old little sister and myself and let me tell you its not an easy job. Im just seventeen, still in high school I have no idea how to manage a house, two devils and a baby. My dad tries to help as much as he could but with working all day he gets tired and also he doesn't have a really good job that earns him alot of money. We have to be careful in everything we do. Every day has to be planned. And especially the kids, they need to be brought up right and everyday I fear that im not doing good enough.

The wind blows again as I close my eyes, sleep seeping in through my worries and before I know it I have drifted of to a world of my own.

The alarm screams in my ear, and I feel like throwing it away. After stopping it I get up, do my morning bathroom rituals then step out and wear my clothes. Its mandatory to look extra good on the first day of school after summer break. I wear dark blue jeans with a pink top that I bought recently solely for this purpose. After doing my hair, spraying perfume I walk out of my room and downstairs to the kitchen.

"Morning" I say as I sit down next to my brothers Daniel and Alex. One was playing with his cereal while the other was fast asleep.

They were twins but different in so many ways Daniel was hyper active, Alex wore glasses, Daniel liked sports, Alex liked to read, Daniel had black hair while Alex had light curly brown hair. but they still somehow managed to get along.

"Good moring" replied my dad standing near the stove.

"Here you go" he said and placed my breakfast which were pancakes in front of me.

"Thankyou" I replied as I stare at the delicious pancakes.

My dad was like all the other dads in the world with four kids, he was a chef at a local resturant which means we had good food at our table everyday. Since my mom left he has started to age, working all day and raising four kids is not easy, he gets tired. I stared at him as he brought my tea, his hair turning grey slightly, his eyes still young, my dad was the finest man alive.

"Eva can I go to the cafe with you today?" Asked Daniel finally waking up.

"No cause everytime you go there you try to get me fired."

"Nooo I wont do anything I promise, I will just sit and do my homework. Please please please please."

"If I take you with me Alex is going to be all alone." I replaid while taking a sip of my tea.

"I'd rather stay at home than go out with Daniel." Said Alex while twirling his spoon in the cereal.

"Okay thats enough, you two better hurry up the bus is going to be here any minute, and Eva remember the nanny leaves at six today so be home at time." Said my dad.

"Okay" I replied as we heard the distance sound of the bus approaching.

"Oh its a long day ahead, help me God" said Daniel while taking hold of his backpack.

........................................

"EEEVVVAAA" screamed my best friend Ally as I entered the parking lot.

"Hey" I said hoping of my bicycle.

"I missed you so much" she said while engulfing me in a tight hug.

I giggled at her dramatic reaction.

"Ally we met yesterday."

Ally James has been my friend since middle school, she had light brown curly hair and green eyes. She was one of the most fun, enthusiastic and caring people I know but more than that she has always been there by my side, especially when my mom left she helped a lot and just to add on how cool she is both my brothers love her.

"So whats new" I asked as I parked my bicycle in the stands.

"Oh except Carter William's new Audi r8 its the same old"

I looked where Ally was pointing and there it was the magnificent black Audi of Carter William.

Carter William was the royalty of this school, everyone's favorite person. He had it all looks, clothes, style and money. The girls loved him and the boys wanted to be like him. His parents were the richest people in the neighborhood. His dad George William was a successful business man and his mother Veronica William was a famous designer. They usually spend there holidays abroad and because they owned a private plane Carters friends went along too. No wonder why everyone wanted to be his friend.

"So where did they go this time?" I asked Ally.

"London" she replied rolling her eyes.
After grabbing my bag we started to walk towards the school building.

"You know I checked him out today he looks mighty fine how does he even manage to do that look better and better every time"

"I have no idea" I said as we reached my locker.

I'm not going to lie I did have a huge crush on Carter in sixth grade when we locked eyes for more than a minute in a singing class. But after that it kind of fizzled out and I didn't really minded it but all things aside Carter William was a fine looking young man.

After saying goodbye to Ally I went to my first class of the semester, English. I had this class alone, none of my friends were in it with me.

As I entered the class my eyes fell upon Carter, sitting at the back of the class with his friends,wearing a grey hoodie, his black hair all ruffled up something I suspected he did on purpose. I never had English with Carter before just maths which he never came to, its a wonder how he passed the exams at all. Maths is not an easy game.

I moved towards the seat in the second row cause I had some difficulty seeing from behind. As I placed my bag down I looked up and my eyes locked with carter, they were hazel, the intense kind, it lasted for a moment before I looked away and settled down in my seat.

After ten minutes Miss Jean came and the lesson started. I liked English, I could be me in this subject rather than follow the rules and formulas laid down.

"Okay class I am going to pair you up for an English project" said Miss Jean at the end of the class and there was an uproar of disagreement.

"I don't care if you feel like doing it or not but I want it on my desk after two months. I haven't given you any homework for a long time so please remember this is important, its because the marks of this project will be added to your final result of English so you better do it good or spend the rest of your life cleaning out trash."

She started calling out the names as I started to pack my bag. I hoped she paired me up with someone intelligent and hardworking, I don't want to do the whole project on my own and just because I like English does not mean I am very good at it.

"Eva Evans and Carter William" said Miss Jean and I looked up.

I stared at her unknown of what the future brings.

SOOOOOO? DO YOU LIKE IT?
PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE.