Chapter 44

This chapter is for Maya who is helping to make this story better. I can't thank you enough.

.........................

"Where are we exactly going?" I asked again as I leaned against the side door, staring out the window.

"Why so impatient Eva?" Said Carter his eyes glued on the road.

I watched him as he drived, he was wearing a light blue jacket, his gesture calm. Suddenly he looked towards me, I blushed being caught staring at him.

"Are you tired?" He asked concern on his face.

"No I'm just hungry" I replied pouting.

He turned back to the road smiling.

"Who said I was taking you to a resturant? It could be a haunted house"

Suddenly my nightmare from last night came back, the dark house, dead Abel, Carter being shot.

"Eva?"

Carter's voice broke in my mind and I realised he had stopped the car.

"Are you okay? If your not feeling well we can go back" he said reaching out for my hand.

"I am fine Carter, I'm really happy" I replied with a smile, trying to convince him.

He didn't seem entirely convinced but anyhow started the car. It took us another fifteen minutes to reach the place and it wasn't an expensive resturant or movie theater as I had expected it was a forest.

Carter parked the car on the side of the road and smiled at me wickedly.

"We're here" he said.

I opened the door and steppes out, walking across the car to where the tress were. Carter held out his hand as I took it and started walking. O

I wasn't scared cause I was with Carter. This sense of protection that Carter gave was very calming and he has been giving it even before we started dating. I feel safe when I'm with him.

We got deeper inside the forest, the sun setting as the dark spread.

"Almost there" said Carter in a low voice.

He placed his hands around my eyes and moved me forward.

"I really hope you like it" he whispered in my ear.

After a few more steps we stopped, he moved his hands away from my eyes. I gasped when I opened them, amazed at what I saw in front.

"Carter" I whispered my eyes gleaming.

The tress were decorated with tiny fairy lights, all around giving a cosy and fairytale like feeling. There was a round table with two chairs in the center under a tree that had small chits of paper hanging from them. The table and chairs were white and pink and so pleasing to look at. There were petals of my favourite flower covering the ground.

It looked like a dream.

"Carter this...this is beautiful" I said.

My eyes couldn't move, taking in every tiny detail. I felt Carter stand behind me, his hands wrapped around my body lightly. His chin resting on my shoulder.

"Glad you liked it" he whispered in my ear.

I could feel his smile. I walked forward to the tree and got hold of a piece of paper. There was something written on it. It was Carter's handwriting, I recognised it.

'The first time I saw you was in the singing class ten years ago and I swear I still remember my heart skip a beat.'

I smiled and held another one.