Chapter 16

"Hey" said Kaiden as I opened the front door.

"Hi" I replied stepping out and closing the door.

"You ready?" He asked.

I nodded and looked around.

"Is that a new car?" I said walking towards a silver car standing in the driveway.

"Not exactly, my dad gave it to me when I moved here" he replied as I moved towards his car.

"Of course. Why didn't you bring it to school?" I said checking out the car. It was really cool, kind of like the cars in Carter's house.

"I was waiting for the right moment to bring it out"

I looked towards him and raised an eyebrow.

"Is this the right moment? Are you trying to impress me?"

"Maybe" he said smirking and went forward to sit in the drivers seat.

I opened the passenger side door and sat in the seat. It was beautiful on the inside. Kaiden started the car and reversed out of the driveway.

"You didn't really had to come get me" I said as he speeded up.

"I wanted to" he replied shortly.

Silence descend on us for a little while. I looked out the window and saw the world passing by, doing their own business. As a child I had always found it fascinating to watch.

"Im sorry for not letting you in that night" I said turning towards him.

"Its fine, really" He said.

"So how's the project coming on with Carter?"

"Urghh I don't know, its far from being complete because he just doesn't do anything and I can't do all of it on my own, there's so many other things I have to do too" I huffed.

"Why don't you change your partner?"

"I already asked Miss Jean but she just wouldn't AGREE"

Kaiden remained silent for a moment staring straight ahead.

"I wish I could be your partner, this Carter isn't a right guy you need to stay away from him as much as possible"

"Would you two stop saying that to me?" I said a little frustrated from hearing the same damn thing again and again.

"What? Did he say something to you?" Asked Kaiden looking at me.

"Yea, exactly the same thing you said"

"Of course" mumbled Kaiden looking back on the road.

"What do you mean? What is it with you two anyway? Do you two know each other? had a fight?" I asked curiously.

"No, we don't, just pure instinct" replied Kaiden.

Before I could say something else, Kaiden stopped the car. I looked around and saw that we were in a parking lot.

"We're here" He said opening the car door.

We were the first one to arrive, there weren't many people at the bowling alley. As I stared at the big round balls I remembered I don't know how to how to do this, I have never really liked bowling much.

"I don't know how to bowl" I confessed to Kaiden as he checked out the balls.

He stopped and looked at me.

"What? Why didn't you tell me about it when I suggested we come here" he asked half smiling.

"I don't know" I replied laughing.