Chapter 6

I walked in the cafeteria taking a deep breath and the moment i was in the talks started. I could feel everyones eyes on me as they laughed and talked. I never would have come to school today but i knew my father wouldn't have dropped the subject like he did last night and if it wasn't for my hungry stomach i wouldn't have entered the cafeteria at all. This is the worst of all the places when your the new joke of the school.
"Hey" said Mason as i sat down in the chair next to him.
"Hi" i replied trying to contain myself.
Claud, one of my friends pushed the food tray towards me and smiled. I thanked him and started to eat.
"Dont worry, its just for a few days people will forget soon." Said Nina across from me.
I started eating my fries, as Claud and Mason talked about history homework.
"HEY EVA" came Carter's voice from afar and the whole cafeteria went silent. That is the power of Carter William, everyone stops breathing. Ally for once please show up at the right time.
I look towards his table, he was wearing a dark blue shirt with black jeans and sneakers, his hair pulled to the side. No he doesn't look that good.
"Your mom called my mom to make her a wedding dress so I was wondering if you would want to have a dress too" he said with a half smile.
Whole of the cafeteria erupted up with laughter. People laughing madly as if they have never heard something so funny.
"If you want i can ask my mom to give you a discount, you could even get something for your little bothers and sister-"
"Shut up" said Mason standing up next to me.
"Or what?" Replied Carter.
"I'll kick your ass"
"You, will kick Carter's ass?" Came the mocking voice of Drake.
I stood up, swinging my backpack over my shoulder.
"Mason, im fine, lets leave it."
"No he needs to stop acting like a jerk, you don't own this place Carter, stop acting like this."
Panic came to me when I saw Carter, Drake and the rest of the boys of his gang move towards us, I knew beforehand this was not going to end well.
"Listen whatever your name is, never talk to me again." Said Carter standing in front of Mason.
"Otherwise what?"
Before i could even blink Carter's fist smashed into Mason's face and he dropped to the ground. The crowd that had gathered around us was cheering and whistling, encouraging Carter to do more. Nina ran and sat down next to Mason, trying to get him up as Claud came towards Carter to hit him. Before he could even reach Carter, Drake kicked him hard in the stomach. I just stood there shocked, unable to move.
"Im going to kill you" said Mason as he tried getting up, blood trickling out of his nose.
Carter moved toward to hit him again.
"STOP, stop it-" i said moving in front of Carter, taking hold of his hands as he was about to hit Mason again.
He looked at me before brushing me of abruptly.
"Don't ever touch me again" he said and walked out the cafeteria.

"I'm going to kill him" said Ally for the thirtieth time as she cleaned Mason's wounds. We were currently at her house.
"Ally calm down, im fine" said Mason for the thirtieth time too.
"Im so sorry Mason, its all my fault" i said for the thirtieth time.
"Eva, stop it. Its not your fault, i just had enough of him." Said Mason again for the thirtieth time.
"Seriously who does he think he is?" Said Ally as she finished and sat down next to Mason on the bed.
"This needs to stop, Eva why don't you go and talk to Carter."
"What?! Are you crazy Ally? I am not going to talk to him, he will end up doing something worse and believe me i had enough for the rest of my life" i replied.
"Okay fine, then i'll do something but you two have to help me."
"What is it?" Asked Mason as Ally got up from the bed and faced us.
"This friday there is a party at Carter William's house. A big huge party and we are going there"
"Never" i said as Mason replied with
"Don't even think about it."
"SHUT UP-" shouted Ally.
After taking a deep breath she continued.
"We will go to the party and find something, anything. Have you seen how big his house is? I am damn sure there are dirty secrets lurking everywhere. We will find one of those secrets and make a fool out of Carter William."
"I cannot believe this" said Mason turning towards me. "She just wants to go to the party"
"OH MY GOD, i am standing here, trying to help you two and you are saying i care only about going to some stupid party to dance and eat?"
"Unbelievable, i can't, i am going to find new friends who appreciate me" she said walking out the door.
Both me and Mason groaned and dropped back on the bed.

I was in my bed, trying to sleep when i heard my door open slightly.
"Evaaa..." i heard Alex whisper.
"Come on in" i said and both of them jumped on my bed, laying down on either side of me under the blanket.
"What is it?" I asked once they were settled in.
"Alex was scared" stated Daniel calmly.
"WHAT!? You were the one- Eva he was the one-"
"Okay, okay i get the idea." I said rolling my eyes.
I closed my eyes to sleep hoping the twins were doing the same. These twins made me worried.
"Eva do you miss mom?" Asked Alex all of a sudden.
His question took me off guard, i was expecting them to ask me about mom one day but not right now, not at this moment. I guess i never would have been ready for their questions.
"Of course i miss him Alex"
"But you don't act like it, whenever she comes to spend time with us" said Daniel innocently.
"Its not like that, its just im angry, thats all" i said a little fruatrated.
"Will you ever get over your anger?" Said Alex lightly.
I stayed silent cause i didn't have an answer to this question, i wish i did but i didn't. They stayed silent too, maybe by my silence, maybe because they didn't have anymore questions.
"Do you want to go see her?" I asked.
Both of them looked at each other and then quickly nodded at me.
In that moment i realised how much they must miss their mother. They were just eight years old, a child that age needed their mom at every step of the day. To tell her about a butterfly they saw today to how hungry they were abd no matter how hard i would try i won't be able to reach that point. I wasn't the one they wanted to make their favourite dishes. This made me realise how much i needed my mom.
"Okay i will take you to her this weekend" i said and watched them go to sleep with a smile.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT.