Chapter 8

"Eva please stay with us, we will have a lot of fun together." Said Alex as we walked down the street where our mother lives now. Daniel and Alex walking by my side and Millie in my arms sleeping.
"I can't Alex i have loads of homework to do, maybe next time." I replied.
As promised i was taking them to meet mom, they're going to stay with her for tonight and come back tomorrow. I could see their big grins since the moment they woke up and as they walked either side of her she could see how happy they were. That's how a child is when they meet their mom and as i looked at them i wondered why was'nt i like this.
"You know i watched the news today they said that there's going to be a storm tonight the kind of storm that scares you Eva and i'm not going to be there to protect you so you should stay with us" said Daniel.
Before Eva could reply Alex screamed:
"We're here." And ran towards the house.
My mom's house was a simple one, not too much not too little, enough to make my mom comfortable. As i reached the doorsteps Daniel had already rung the bell. After a minute came the voice of my mother.
"Whose there?"
"MOM ITS US." Screamed the twins and the door flew open.
Our mom was standing in front of us, a big smile on her face.
"Your here." She said as she went down to the level of the twins and hugged them. I was'nt sure who was hugging more tightly, the twins or mom.
After hugging them she stood up and took me in her arms.
"It's so good to see you." She said and then took Millie in her arms. I just merely smiled.
"Come on in." She said and stepped inside with me behind her, the twins had already ran inside somewhere.
"We're going to have so much fun together."
"Oh...um....i'm not staying over, i just came to drop them of." I said as we reached the living lounge. She placed Millie on the sofa as she slept peacefully and looked up at me.
"But why? We could all spent sometime together, besides its been so long, i barely see you."
"I know but i have homework to do, next time maybe."
"Not maybe Eva i need a promise." She said loking both stern and sad.
"Promise......mom." as i said that a smile became visible on her face, a beautiful one that forced me to smile back. I wanted to spend sometime with her and ever since I met Jennifer i could'nt help but miss her more everyday. She was still my mom.
"Come on lets get you something to eat, i made your favourite pasta." She said moving towards her kitchen. Her house was nice and clean from the inside, i had seen it before, it has'nt changed much.
"Here you go." She said placing the pasta in front of me, the kitchen filled up with the mouth watering smell. I have always loved her cooking though dad was the cook at house. I thanked her for the meal and started eating, savouring the taste as it took me to another world.
"How's your father doing." She asked me carefully.
"He's good, finally getting the hang of things."
She nodded looking into space.
"What about you? How are you?" I asked as i took another bite.
"Oh me? Im fine...yes....everything is great......it's just that......i miss you all alot......you, your siblings even your father.....I do'nt.....I do'nt know how to feel right now basically." She said with pauses and shatters.
"Im just sad these days." She finally said letting go a breath i did'nt know she was holding.
I did'nt know how to react to that, i did'nt know the right words to say. I wish i could tell her what she wants to hear.
"Well the twins are here now, i guess i will help." I said finally as i heard there muffled screams in the background. God knows what were up to.
"Yeah your right." She replied with a smile.
"I should get going now." I said as after finishing my pasta.
"Yeah but please come stay for sometime." She said desperately.
I nodded as i watched her face lit up with that beautiful smile of her.
"You'r not angry at me anymore, right?" She asked carefully as she opened the front door for me to leave.
I stepped outside and stared up at the sky, a flock of birds flying by.
"Im not angry but I'm still disappointed."

Daniel was right, there was a thunderstorm tonight and i was home alone. Dad had gone to a nearby town with his team to cook and serve for an event. The event was suppose to be held in the afternoon so he should be back by now.
There was a deafening crash of thunder ouside as goosebumps arise on my body. I have always been afraid of storms, from a very small age. Whenever there was one i would wake up crying and run to my parents room, sleeping in between them. There is always something scary about storms, the loud sounds, the blackness, the never ending rain.
Another boom came from outside with lightning. I got up from my bed and ran downstairs to the living lounge.
After a minute my cell phone started to vibrate, i looked and saw my dad calling.
"Hey dad where are you?" I asked the moment i picked up his call.
"I'm sorry sweetie the event was delayed so it took more time then expected and now the storm. The roads are blocked at many places and there is a lot of water. I don't think we would be able to reach tonight."
My heart sank after hearing that, whenever there was a storm i would have my mom or my dad nearby and today i was alone. It was probably the first storm i had to face alone, even Daniel was not here to protect me.
"Okay, when will you be back then?"
"In morning, i think, the news says the storm will stop later at night, so probably we would be back by the morning."
"Okay" i said as another loud sound came.
"It's fine sweetie, i'll be on the phone you go to sleep." He said knowing full well about my fear.
"Dad i'm not a kid." I said embarrassed.
"But your still scared." He stated.
"It's fine, i will be fine do'nt worry."
"Are you sure?" He asked his voice laced with concern.
"Yes damn sure, you get some rest too okay? It's been long day."
"Yea okay Eva goodnight, i love you."
"I love you too." I said before hanging up.
After sighing at my luck i got up and went to the kitchen to get something to eat. I opened the fridge to find something when i heard a loud knock at my front door.
"Who can that be in auch bad weather?" I muttered to myself, fear consuming me.
I stood still in the kitchen, planning to ignore the knock when it came again. I grabbed twin's bat  from the corner and moved towards the door cautiously. The loud banging did'nt stop.
"Who is it?" I asked trying to force out my voice.
"It's me." Came a familiar voice.
"Me who?"
"Carter, Carter William, open up Eva."
"Why?"
"Cause it's freezing out here."
I thought for a moment debating if i should open the door or let it go. Should i trust Carter William at this time of the night and being home alone? I itched towards the door ans grabbed the handle, my other hand holding the bat, ready to hit. Sighing i opened the door and saw Carter William standing at my dooesteps, wet from head to toe.
"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked looking at him. His light blue shirt clinging to his body.
"Um...hi" he replied as whole of his body shivered, his hands rubbing his arms to keep himself warm.
"What do you want Cater." I asked as an ice cold wind flew by me inside the house. It was getting cold each day, winter's coming.
"Can I....um....can I stay for the night?." He asked.
"No way" i said slamming the door shut at his face.
"EVVA, come on, i do not have my car and there's too much water i cannot go back."
"I do'nt care." I replied.
"Your really going to leave me out here? I could die at your doorsteps." He shouted again. The rain outside makinh it hard for any other sound to be heard.
"I do'nt care." I shouted back.
There was silence for a while and for a moment i thought he had left. I told myself i would not feel bad for him, i refuse to feel bad for him. Then it came again.
"Eva please."
He was'nt shouting this time, but I could here him, I could also here the desperation in his voice, maybe this really is'nt time for me to be petty. I sighed, hoping i wo'nt regret this like i regret the party last night and moved forward and opened the door.
He stepped inside, bringing splashes of water with him amd looked at me, his hazel eyes boring into mine.
"Thankyou."

HII EVERYONE!! HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING? I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS MORE THAN 100 VOTES!!!! THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR LIKING MY STORY I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS UPDATE AND THE NEXT WILL HAVE MORE I PROMISE. DO TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT. DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE. HAVE A NICE DAY :D