Chapter 20

This chapter is for Hera another person who stayed with the story from the start. Thankyou for you for your support ( also check out her story The A.C.T its different and interesting)

.....................

Me and Ally were standing in the parking lot. She was searching her bag for her phone.

"You know my mom's going crazy" she said still rummaging through her bag.

"Why?" I asked watching her.

"Somebody told her about a cereal that's very healthy and she's literally been feeding us that for three mornings now" She said finally finding phone.

"That's bad" I replied.

From the corner of my eye I saw Carter standing near his car, his arm draped around Caroline's shoulder as they listened to something their friend Bill was saying. Caroline slowly rested her head on his shoulder and I looked away, wishing I hadn't looked in the first place.

"Let's go" said Ally.

We walked towards the building but were stopped when someone called Ally's name. We turned around to see Drake running towards us, his bag hanging by his side.

"Hey" he said reaching her, breathing heavily.

"What do you want?" Asked Ally.

"Nothing...um....I was wondering if your were okay?" He said and I could see the surprise on Ally's face though she recovered quickly and raised her left eyebrow.

"Oh...Um....I saw you yesterday, at the park? You were crying, so I was just  wondering if everything is okay" He stuttered.

Ally was crying in the park? She really needs to let go of what happened and move on.

"Everything is fine Drake" She said walking away but Drake took hold of her arm.

"Then why were you crying?"

Ally sighed and looked at him.

"I saw a movie where the girl cried sitting in the park and her prince showed up, so I was just trying it out, apparently it didn't work. Now stop bothering me." She said and started walking towards the glass door, Drake didn't stop her this time. I just walked behind her, confused.

........................

"I'd like a coffee" 

I looked up and saw Carter standing in front of me.

Did he come here to see me? He looked tired like hasn't slept in a while.

I grabbed a cup from nearby as he sat down in the chair in front of me and poured freshly brewed coffee in it, he handed me money as I placed the cup in front of him. He took a sip staring at me, I shifted my gaze away from his, feeling intimidated. His stare has so much power in it.

I heard some shuffling and looked up again to see him opening his bag and taking out a folder from it.

"Here, our complete project" He said handing it to me.

I felt sad suddenly realizing he didn't come here to see me but to give the project. I don't why I am feeling like this lately. Why do I like his attention towards me?

"Thank you" I said holding it.

I placed the folder on the shelf below the counter, Carter was still sitting on the chair in front of me taking a sip of the coffee while looking around the cafe.

"Doesn't it get boring? Doing this every day?" He questioned me.

"It does sometime but I'm used to it" I replied.