Chapter 39

A week has gone by since I was brought here, since Rick came and threatened me. This one week has been the worst of my life. I have lost weight, sleep and at this point hope of getting out of here.

I thought the police would show up, surely my parents would have told them that I was missing then why haven't I been rescued yet?

I just sit on the bed all day just staring at the walls, I can feel myself going crazy slowly and all at once. I haven't heard my voice in so long. My mind and body getting ready for the moment Rick would be back and won't get an answer from me. I spend half of the day wondering what would he do? Will he kill me instantly or torture me? So I can feel pain like these days dragging by.

My only companion in this despair is Abel. We don't talk and he never leaves but he doesn't hurt me, doesn't invade my privacy. He just sits by the wall and watches my every move like a hawk, ready to attack if I do something wrong. But I am thankful for him to leave me alone.

In the light I try not to think anything, just let the day pass by but at night is when it hits. Everything especially the people behind. I think of my dad, how he cannot survive a day without me, its hard to manage the twins alone then there's Millie, the house and his work. There would also be the regret and guilt for allowing me to go to the party, the fear of never seeing me again and constant thought that he isn't a good enough father.

I think about my mother, would she be still sane? She is already so alone and even though we didn't see each other everyday she would be devastated right now. I hope she eats properly, sleeps at night, doesn't look herself in. I hope Henry is there for her, helping her pass by the day.

How would the twins and Millie be? They would be missing me and I know how they'll express it. Millie will cry while the twins would want to go out and find me. I hope dad keeps an eye on them, he doesn't deserve to lose another child.

I wonder about Ally. She needs me to listen to her pointless stories, to choose the shoes that matches with her dress. Would she and Drake still be together? If not then how will she survive a heartbreak without me? Its impossible for her. I hope their still together and I hope Drake is taking care of her and I hope Mason is alright and he is there for Ally and Ally is there for him. Leaving Mason alone to grieve has never been a good idea. I hope they take losing a friend as a way to find their own friendship and get it back.

And Carter? How would he be? Would he have noticed my absence? Does he know its because of him that I am here? A part of me wants to hate him, blame him for all of this, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. But I know that its not his fault, he never would have wanted this to happen and it was my curiosity that made me enter his world. 

Would he be missing me the way I am missing him? Does he think about me? Or has he moved on with his life?  Forgotten about me, left me on the way. And why does my heart still beat faster whenever I think about him.

All these thoughts make me want to lose my mind. All these questions that won't get an answer to, all these people that I would never get to see. This all hits me at night and most of the time I forget to breath.

"You need to give him the answer today" said Abel.

"I don't have the answer, I don't know where the drugs are, how many more times do I have to say that?" I shot back.

"Listen, I don't want you to have any false hope" he said "If you don't give Rick the answer he wants he is going to kill you" 

I felt a shiver run down my body, Abel's voice playing in a loop inside my head. He is going to kill me, he is going to kill me, he is going to kill me.