Chapter 32

This chapter is for sabrina_meyer, I have not seen anyone else as excited for my story as you and I am utterly grateful for that.

.............................

Dad finally came back after a week, at first I thought I would be super thrilled to be back to my home but not anymore. After what happened that night I was scared, I was scared that they might come back and this time hurt my family.

I have not told about this to anyone, I wanted to tell mom but was unsure of her reaction. I promised myself that I will tell dad when he returned. I have to, this is something serious.

I have not talked to Carter after that, niether did he call. I wanted him to call me, to ask if I was okay but he didn't. I don't know why I expect something out of him when already knowing the answer.

I was still going through the room in case I forgot something while packing. There was a knock at door as I checked the side drawer.

"Come in" I said getting up.

The door opened and mom walked in. She smiled at me then looked around the room.

"The room looks lonely even though your still here" she said folding her arms.

I didn't know what to say so just copied her, looking around the room.

"Have you packed everything?" She asked sitting in the bed.

"Yes, if I left something I will come back to get it" I replied.

She looked at me, nodding. Her smile slowly fading as she turned her gaze away from me. She looked through the room again, trying to find words to say, something that would start the conversation.

I walked over and sat down next to her. Facing her I said:

"Don't worry mom I will visit often"

She looked at me and nodded with a smile. To be honest I did enjoy stayig here with mom, it felt like old times. If I had to stay a little longer I won't actually mind.

"I know you would its just....I felt so happy seeing all four of you around me all the time, made me realise how lonely I am and how I'm missing out on being a part of your life's" she huffed.

"I come to stay over soon too okay? I promise" I replied trying to ease her a little.

Her face lightened up a little after hearing that.

"So Carter, huh?" She said her mood changing completely.

"No, mom, it's nothing just forget about him" I said standing up.

"Oh come on don't tell me its nothing-"

"Mom-"

"Eva, its okay to like a boy" she said.

I turned around and looked back at her.

"Its okay to like a boy but what if he doesn't like you back?" I replied.

My mom stood up and walked towards me. Standing in front of me she took hold of my hands.

"What if he likes you back? You can't expect the worse Eva, love is all about hope" she said.

..............................

"Hey" I squecked hugging dad the moment he got out of the car.

"Hey, I missed you" he replied hugging me back.

The twins and Millie ran up to us. He lifted all three of them together, he does it so effortlessly, like a superman.
My mom was standing behind watching us, after hugging the kids he turned towards her.