Chapter 56

I stared at the gun and then back at Kaiden. My mind not processing the sight in front of me. My eyes linger back to the gun and stay there, I watch its metallic structure, its deadly hole and firm grip of Kaiden's hand. 

"Let's make this simple and quick" Said Kaiden, his voice not wavering a bit. 

I look back up at him. His gaze so sharp and stern, like I've never seen before.

"I don't want to hurt you or Carter, I am just here for the drugs" 

He took a step forward, the gun, still high up in the air. 

"You're not going to shout nor try to act smart," He said and grabbed me by the arm, pushing me slightly forward. 

"Or you will be responsible for the consequences" 

I felt the cold metal on my back, Kaiden standing behind me. My mind was completely numb and I willed for it to start working again. I knew Kaiden had issues, secrets but I never knew Kaiden could stick a gun behind my back. Slowly and steadily my body starts shaking with fear, with the realization about what Kaiden is capable of. 

This was the Kaiden Carter had warned me about, the Kaiden I was supposed to stay away from. The nice, charming Kaiden I knew was just a facade. 

"I trusted you," I said finally and realized my body was shaking more due to the hurt of betrayal than the fear of death. Outside the rain poured with speed.

"Well, you shouldn't just trust people Eva, especially the ones you know nothing about" replied Kaiden and pushed me forward with the gun. 

"Now I don't have much so let's finish this quick" 

the gun pressed in me again and I step closer towards the stairs.

"Is Carter okay?" I asked as I walked down the stairs.

The house was engulfed in darkness.  I moved my eyes around in hope and fear to find Carter. The gunshot from before ringing in my ears once again. Carter had to be safe, there's just no other way. 

"I hope so" Replied Kaiden as we stepped in the living room. 

I try to calm my racing heart down, looking around desperately in the dark to find something that could help me. 

"Hey Carter, look what I found. You're girlfriend"Said Kaiden loudly, startling me. 

"Abel turn on the lights, let Carter see his girlfriend" 

Abel? Why was he here? And with Kaiden? 

After about a few seconds the lights turned on. I looked around the living room and spot Carter standing at the far left corner, gun in his right hand. I felt my body relax finding he is alive and okay. Just some bruises on his face and hands. 

"Let her go" Said Carter in the deadliest voice I have ever heard. He looked angry, the kind I have never seen. His grip on the gun so tight I could see his knuckles turning white. 

"I will after you give me the drugs. But how about we start with you giving me that gun of yours?" Replied Kaiden, the gun moving from my behind to my scalp. 

Without sparing a second, Carter slides his gun towards Kaiden. I look towards him angrily, wanting to curse him out loud. He shouldn't have given his gun to Kaiden. His gun was probably the only chance we had on getting out of here alive. Now Kaiden could do whatever he wants with us. 

Suddenly I dash towards the gun before Kaiden could take it. Before I could reach it though I am pulled back by Kaiden, his hand snaking around my neck as my back pressed against his body.