Mason was sitting beside me, trying to calm me down. He was the one who called the police. He heard Nina talk about this plan when he went to her house and then secretly followed her to Carter's place. He called the police when he saw Nina go in with a gun and strange men standing around the house. Nina and Kaiden and a few other men from Nina's gang were arrested.

I heard loud footsteps and looked up to see Drake running towards us. 

"Where is he? Is he okay?" He asked breathing heavily.

"He's in the ICU, their doing an operation to get the bullet out" Replied Mason and I was thankful for that. I didn't have the strength to utter a word.

"What happened" Asked Drake looking directly at me. 

"Eva's a bit shaken up, we can do this later-"

"He got hit saving you didn't he?" Said Drake, malice in his words.

"DRAKE! stop it!" Said Mason standing up.

Drake took in a deep breath and collapsed in the seat next to me. I could feel my tears falling down again now. He did get hurt saving me, if he didn't push me away I would have gotten hit. 

"I'm sorry, its not your fault, I'm just angry and took it out on you" Said Drake as he side hugged me. 

I placed my head on his shoulder, crying a little louder now. Not able to contain it all in.

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

"Hey, its not your fault. I'm sorry I said that, I was scared and-"

"I'm sorry for not being more accepting towards you and Ally. Its was your decision I should have been happy about it."

Drake hugged me a little tighter as I wiped my tears away.

"Its fine, I could see where you came from" Replied Drake.

I didn't say anything else, leaving it there because I knew Drake understood. Mason sat down next to me again and we waited for Carter.

................................

After half an hour I stepped out, phone in my hand and a firm decision in my mind. I stood in the parking lot of the hospital, the pavement and cars all wet due to rain. I needed fresh air to feel alive again. Taking in a deep breath I dialed dad's number. He answered on the second bell. 

"Hey I'm on my way, the traffic is pretty bad because of the rain. Are you okay?"

I gulped in my tears, taking a deep breath as the darkness of the night surrounded me.

"I want you to take the Canada offer" I finally said.

There was a pause before dad replied.

"This is not the time for this talk Eva, we'll talk about this later" 

"NO! I've thought this through dad, I'm in my senses and I have decided. I want you to take the job."

"Eva-"

"Dad life's too short okay? Life's too short to not live your dreams if your lucky enough to have the chance to make them come true. You have dreamed of this for so long and you have gone through so much in your life. You deserve this dad."

Tears were falling again now, fast and furious like the rain before.

"I don't want to hold you back like you never held me. You have always been there dad, always so loving and caring and I'm so grateful."

"Eva-"

"I love you"

"I love you too" 

..............................