Chapter 47

Chapter 47

May 2020

“Dee! Kieran and Beth are here!”

I was putting my earrings in as I opened the door. “Hey,” I said.

“You look lovely darling,” Beth said kissing me on the cheek. “Is that dress new?”

I laughed, “No, it’s one from years ago. I thought I couldn’t fit into it. But I can!”

Dee ran through in his pyjamas and grabbed onto Kieran’s legs who lifted him up onto his back.

Just like I had said in the hospital Dee’s eyes had turned into a deep brown which matched his curly hair. Aaron’s Dad said Dee looked like Aaron when he was a kid and he had this great smile which always made everything better.

Dee made everything fall into place. Made me a better person. I finally had someone I knew I would love unconditionally and somehow it made up for the fact I didn’t have that when I was younger.

“Kieran’s going to read your book with you tonight.” I said picking Dee off Kieran. “And you can play football with him for a little while as long as you promise not to kick him because then Mummy gets in trouble.”

He pulled on my earrings slightly, “You look nice Mummy.” He said quietly into my ear.

I pulled him further into my body and kissed the top of his head, “Thank you.”

“Alright, mate?” Kieran asked and I turned to see Aaron coming down the stairs. He had black trousers on and a shirt and jacket.

“Yeah good. You?”

They stood chatting until I cleared my throat.

“Excuse me I think my girlfriend is getting impatient.”

I stuck my tongue out and put Dee down. “Be good. Sleep well.”

“Night kiddo,” Aaron said before putting an arm around my waist and we went out of the door.

We were having a night out as an early birthday present for me and I was very surprised when we wound up in a branch of Pizza Express.

I raised an eyebrow.

“Ten years with a footballer and your standards have changed,” He commented.

“I didn’t mean it like that! Just… why?”

“I just fancied some dough balls.”

We ordered drinks and I had a beer which I barely drank anymore since we’d “Settled down.” They were Kevin’s words.

“Three matches this season and then holidays!” I said excitedly. We hadn’t booked a holiday yet but last year we had gone to Disneyland with Kevin and Kieran and Beth and it was amazing. For the adults as well as Dee.

“We need to get down to Wales and see Mum and Dad. Mum hates not seeing Dee.”

I nodded. “Yeah, we could look at some houses while we’re there.”

We’d been talking about getting a little holiday cottage in Wales for ages which would mean we could see Aaron’s parents more often.

The waiter came round and we ordered our pizzas, “And could you perhaps use not that much cheese? Like thin slices maybe” I asked. The waiter flashed me a look, “Erm because he doesn’t really like cheese and when I was pregnant I had this massive aversion to it and-“

“He doesn’t need your life story, ‘Nais.” Aaron said.

“Sorry.” I said to the waiter and he scurried away. “Do I talk too much?” I asked Aaron. “When did I become a nice person?”