Chapter 45

Chapter 45 

”How long?” I asked.

“2 minutes.”

I groaned and sank back to the floor. “I feel sick. Physically sick.”

“But you said-“

“-I just hate waiting.”

We sat in silence and someone pushed the door open. They looked to both us. “Fuck off!” We shouted in unison and they exited sheepishly.

It was my lunchbreak and I had walked to my old office… Kevin’s office to do this.

Kevin’s iPhone alarm shrieked and broke the silence.

“Okay.” I said.

“I love you, okay? Just… Chill.” He said.

“You look first.”

He walked over to the counter and then looked at me. I couldn’t make out his facial expression.

I got up slowly and walked over to the sinks. I took a sharp intake of breath.

I spun around. “Don’t do anything old-school Anaisy” Kevin pleaded but I was already walking out of the office leaving the two positive pregnancy tests behind me.

….

Aaron’s POV

I got into the locker room.

Everyone was chatting around me and I knew they sensed something was wrong but no one asked.

I had a rubbish night of sleep after the wedding without Anais. I don’t know why, but I didn’t expect her to have left.

I got my phone out and there were a series of missed calls from Kevin.

Either he just wanted to meet up… Or something was up with Anais. My heart sunk.

“Hello?”

“Aaron, you haven’t seen or heard from Anais this morning have you?”

“Er no. Why?”

“Urm… I think she’s freaking out about something.”

“What? About the fight yesterday?”

“No… Something else.”

“And she’s gone?”

“Yeah. She just left. I hoped she was going to see you.”

“What’s going on?”

“I err… We’ll find out later.”

“Well… Do you have any idea where she’s gone? Could she have gone back to work?”

“I dunno.”

“I’ll get Kieran to ring Beth.”

I shouted to Gibbo, “Can you ring Beth and see if she’s seen Anais since lunch?” He nodded, “Like, now.” I added.

“Are you sure she hasn’t gone back to your place?” I asked.

“She doesn’t have a key. She doesn’t have anything on her. Not even her phone.”

“Fuck.” Why does she always do this!?

I caught Gibbo’s eye and I could see him on the phone and he shook his head.

“Fuck, she hasn’t gone back to work or got in touch with Beth”

“Can you think of anywhere she may go? To be alone… To think or something.”