Chapter 16

Chapter 16 

 I grabbed my overnight bag and handed towards the door. “See you, Kevin!” I shouted just as he appeared out of the kitchen.

“Have fun. Be safe. Use a condom.” I laughed at his instructions. He said the same thing everytime I went round to Aaron’s.

When I got round to Aaron’s he was still at training so I let myself in with the key he gave me and dumped my stuff.

I went to the fridge only to remember that Aaron was incapable of keeping it stocked. I sighed and left the apartment again.

An hour later Aaron’s cupboards were full and I was halfway through cooking chicken confit and lemon tart. I heard the front door open and I turned to see Aaron walking towards me. “This is a nice sight, seeing my girlfriend in my kitchen cooking for me.”

I turned and smiled at him. “I filled your cupboards too… kind of.”

He put his hands around my stomach and kissed my shoulder and neck, “You really didn’t have to.”

I smiled again. “You need your energy for Sunday,”

“If someone told me six months ago you’d be doing this for me I would have said they’re a bullshitter.”

I turned to face him and put a hand on his cheek. “I probably would have said the same thing.”

We sat down and ate in the kitchen, “When did you learn to cook like this?”

“France. Obviously.”

He nodded. “You never speak much about it.”

I shrugged my shoulders and looked at my plate, “It’s not relevant.”

“It is Anais. It was five years of your life. It made you who you are!”

I was shocked that Aaron had raised his voice at me so I raised mine back. “Butt out of it!”

I pushed my chair away from the table and chucked the plates in the sink causing soapy water to spill on to the work top.

Aaron was right behind me, “Why are you blocking me out again? I thought you were done with that.”

“Ugh go away,” I muttered

“It’s my place. You’re the one without a fucking home.” His face changed quickly, “Fuck Anais. I’m sorry.”

I walked past him and towards the door. “Anais!”

“I’m going.”

“Please. No!” He ran in front of me, “I’m sorry.”

I was going to push past him but the pain in his face broke my heart. “’Nais”

I stopped and looked at him.

“Anais, I’m sorry,” He put his arms around me and pulled me against his chest, “I shouldn’t push you into things.”

I pushed my face further into his chest, so all I could smell was Aaron and it felt like he would never leave me. I took a deep breath and did something I don’t do much. I apologised too. “I’m sorry.”

He squeezed me tighter and it made me never want to move.

“I suppose I had better do the washing up”, I said trying to pull away from Aaron.

“No,” He whined and I laughed at his reaction.

I twisted myself round and walked to the kitchen with Aaron still attached to my back.

“If you’re going to do this you may as well be helpful and dry up,” I said as I started washing the plates.

“Fine,” He said picking up a tea towel and swotting me with it.

“Hey!” I shouted and flicked water back at him.

He smiled before taking a handful of bubbles and smearing them in my hair. He laughed but stopped when I grabbed a cup and emptied the soapy contents onto his head.

“Ha,”

“You are dead,” He said with an evil grin.

I turned my back to him and then felt a whole wave of warm water fall down my back. I turned to see Aaron holding the empty washing up bowl, “Oops.” He said smiling.

I playfully punched him in the chest but I slipped on the water coating the floor and fell onto my back. I lay there feeling my clothes getting even more soaked as the water on the floor seeped through. Aaron got down and crawled over me holding my hands above my head.

“Do I win?” He asked staring at my lips.

“Never,” I whispered. Saying that I gathered all my strength and rolled him off me so he was now lying on the soaked floor and I was straddling his hips.

“Sneaky.” He said.

I smiled and then shivered as the water had cooled down.

Aaron rubbed my arms, “Are you cold sweet cheeks?”

I nodded and pouted.

He sat up to meet my lips, “How about we warm up in the shower?”

I nodded again and got off his lap.

I walked towards the bathroom shedding my wet clothes so I was naked by the time I got to the shower.

The warm water felt great against my cold skin and very soon the door opened and Aaron came in behind me.

“Hey you,” I said turning around to kiss his wet lips.

“Hey yourself” He muttered into mine.

He stoked down the side of my wet body and I shiver despite the slightly too hot water falling down on us.

I kissed him hungrily trying to pull him closer to me. His leg moved between mine spreading them for him. I smiled as he pulled one of my legs up onto his hip. I stared into his eyes and bit my lip in anticipation. He held my gaze for what seemed like forever before I feel him enter me. I cried with satisfaction and grabbed the back of his head pulling him in for a kiss.

We move together, the hot water adding to the sensation. We break off the kiss as our breathing becomes more erratic. Aaron turns to sucking and biting at my neck and shoulder and making these sexy noises that turn my insides to mush. I clamped my leg harder around him trying to pull him closer as our hip bones crashed together. We released at the same time and held each other until the water started getting cold.

Later that night we lay on top of his bed. I was resting on his chest as we flicked through his iPod. “What do you listen to before matches?” I asked absentmindedly stroking his chest. Bruises were already starting to appear on my hip bones from earlier.

“This and that. Depends.”

“Ah. I’m going to make you a playlist for the match on Sunday.”

“Yeah?”

“Mm-hm. Bring you good luck,”

“If you say so,” He said chuckling slightly. “I’m probably not even going to play.”

“You’re such a pessimist.”

“You can talk! Besides I’m being a realist.”

“Is that what the kids are calling it now?”

Aaron ruffled my hair, “You’re mental.”

I stuck my tongue out at him then moved over to find his lips.