Chapter 9

Chapter 9                 

The next day there was no time to talk to Kevin. We were both unbelievably busy all morning and he had no time to dissect details of the entire evening.

Just as I stood up to leave for lunch my phone rang. Aaron.

“Hey you,” I said while picking up my coat and bag.

“Hey yourself. I’m walking down Upper, do you want to meet for lunch?”

“I’ve actually got an errand to run…”

“Right…”

“I’ve got to try on a bridesmaid dress for my friend.”

“Anais at a wedding? That’s something I couldn’t picture.”

“Look, if you want to come a long it will only take about 20 minutes.”

“Sure, I’ll be at the office in about 10.”

I went and checked my make up but when I came out Aaron was already in the office. Talking to Kevin. Shit.

“Heyaaronhowareyouareyoureadytogo?” I was trying to avoid any awkward situations where Kevin tells Aaron an embarrassing story about me.

“Do you have to go so quickly?” Kevin asked.

“Yep, appointment at the bridal place.”

“Bloody hell you move quickly Aaron.”

They both boomed with laughter and I grabbed Aaron’s arm and dragged him out the office.

“Nice to meet you,” Kevin called after us still laughing.

I let go of Aaron’s arm and stomped off down the road.

Aaron’s arms were soon around me, “Heey, don’t I get a kiss?”

He didn’t wait for an answer and his lips were suddenly on mine. As he tried to open my mouth with his tongue I pulled away. “Public place, Azza.”

In the store we both sat on the sofa while the assistant went and got the dress.

“So who is getting married?”

“Laura. She used to work in the office. The fitting was actually last night but…”

“You didn’t have to miss it to go to the football.”

“No, I kind of didn’t want to go anyway. Group of girls talking about their boyfriends over champagne… not my thing.”

“But you could have sipped champagne and talked about me.” He kissed my shoulder and I pushed him away.

“That wouldn’t be fair ‘cos I’m fairly sure in the whole top trumps thing you’d beat everyone else’s boyfriend.”

“Would I?”

“Mm-hm”

The assistant appeared again with the long champagne dress. I sighed, “Here we go.”

I came out of the changing room clutching the dress up with one hand and lifting the bottom up with the other hand.

The lady immediately starting pinning up the bottom and I covered my eyes. “I hate long dresses! I’m too short.”

“I think you look beautiful.” I looked up to see Aaron sat forward on the sofa staring at me.

“You’re going to make me big-headed Aaron.”

He scoffed, “Too late for that.”

“What?!”

The dressmaker had to hold my legs tight as I was moving too much as I was laughing.