Chapter 38

Chapter 38

”What do you think?” I asked as I walked out into Aaron’s living room.

I did a little spin so he could see everything.

He leant forward and smiled. “It’s like the one you wore when we met.”

I nodded and checked my appearance for one last time in the full length mirror. I was happy with how I looked for the first time in so long. I’d pulled my hair over one shoulder to show off my backless gold sequin dress which also put the new tattoo on the top of my spine on show.

amantes sunt amentes

Latin for lovers are lunatics. Aaron didn’t like it. He said it looked nice but he didn’t like what it meant. I just laughed it off. It was supposed to be ironic.

Even with high black wedges on I was shorter than Aaron who stood behind me and placed his chin on top of my head.

I pouted into the mirror and Aaron rolled his eyes.

“I thought we looked cute until you started pulling faces,” He said.

I laughed and then grabbed his hand and went downstairs to where there was a taxi waiting.

The club was nicer than anywhere I had been before.

Aaron had to drag me through to the VIP bit as I gawped at my surroundings.

Aaron went and found Kieran and I hugged him.

“How are you holding up?” I asked.

He nodded, “Okay. You?”

“Better. Thanks.”

We had spoken on the phone a bit. We were like injury buddies. Him with a hernia. Me with half a spleen.

“Are you going to dance with me later?” I asked grinning.

“No chance.”

“Oh come on!”

“I don’t dance.”

“And neither does Aaron! Who will I dance with?!”

Out of nowhere Wojciech appeared and lifted me off the ground, “Me!” He boomed into my ear.

I screamed as he spun around, clinging onto his shoulders while trying to pull my dress down so I didn’t flash anyone.

He put me down and wrapped his huge arms around me in a hug. “I’ll buy you a drink, come on”

He then pulled me over to the bar. There were drinks which cost like thousands of pounds. My jaw dropped. Usually I just went for the highest percentage of alcohol you could get for as little money.

 “Are you allowed alcohol?”

“I guess I can.”

He ordered two of the pricier drinks and clinked his glass with mine.

Before I could even lift the glass Aaron had taken it out of my hand.

Woj trotted away laughing realising he had got me in trouble.

“Aaron, it’s one drink. It’s not going to hurt.”

“Anais I-“

“I haven’t drunk anything since I got back with you so don’t treat me like I’m an alcoholic or something.”

I could see him trying to work it out.

“Please. I know my limit.”

He nodded and I smiled before grabbing my drink and pulling him away from the bar.