Chapter 41

Chapter 41

”Will you stop fucking blocking me out?” He shouted.

“I’m not fucking blocking you out. I want to take a fucking bath. Because unlike you I had a hard fucking day at work.”

“Why do you always talk to me like that? Like you’re a million times better than me because you work 9 til 5. My job isn’t too great either.”

“’Cos it’s so hard to do 2 hours of work and then fuck around doing nothing to look after your body.”

He screamed out. “Do you know how it feels to have 40,000 people booing you?”

“Oh I imagine it must be really hard. It’s a shame you can’t afford to buy anything to ease the pain.”

“Oh you never shut up do you? You always have something to say. Well, Anais that’s why you don’t have any friends.”

“Ow. Hit me where it hurts. I do so hate it when people point that out.” I replied sarcastically.

“Well maybe you should care. Because you will get left with no one.”

“Is that a threat?”

“I’m just saying you can’t act like this forever”

“Act like what? I’d say I’m acting in quite a suitable manner. And-“

“Shut the fuck up” He snapped, “Don’t be so know-it-all. Just-“

He carried on shouting and I knew I should back down because this was already descending into one of the worst fights we’d ever had. Even though it was over something so stupid. I knew I should shut up but something was stopping me.

“Are you done?” I asked.

He looked at me with his jaw hanging open. “How fucking rude can you be? You’re just like a child You have never grown up. I don’t blame your Mum for abandoning you.”

That definitely gave me scope to lose it and launched myself at him, jumping over the coffee table and thumped him in the shoulders. He put his arms up to protect himself and I was aware of Apollo running out of the room.

Aaron pushed me back roughly.

“How fucking dare you?” I screamed properly for the first time. “You don’t know. I let you pretend you understand but you don’t!”

“Because when you act like this it’s really hard to understand why someone couldn’t put up with you.” It was him being calm with the retorts now and it pissed me off even more.

But silent tears were still pooling in my eyes because it always hurt when the person you loved more than anything in the world said mean things about you. “Stop being mean!”

“Because you’ve never been mean to anyone in your life. It’s not like you didn’t start that fight with Laney last year and you didn’t contribute to you and Liddy falling out.”

“How many times? Don’t ever mention her fucking name in my presence.”

“Get over it, Anais.”

“Get over it? That bitch nearly killed me.”

“Not on purpose. Stop being a drama queen.”

I started grabbing at my stuff in the living room and then moved upstairs to our bedroom. “Why don’t you sleep with her again you seem to love her so much.” I shouted and Aaron came up behind me into the room.

“Maybe I will!”

“Good!”

“Good!”