Chapter 37

Chapter 37

”Aaron, do you have to creep around, it’s freaking me out”

“Sorry.” He called back as I pulled my hair up.

“I’m just nervous.” He said as I walked through to the living room where he was pacing around.

“I can tell. I also have no idea why.”

I grabbed a banana and started shoving things into my bag and leafing through the papers on the desk.

“Because, I haven’t not been with you in months. And I don’t think you’re ready to go back to work. And I’m going to miss you.”

I stopped what I was doing and turned to him smiling. “Aww Aaron”

I hugged him quickly.

“Come on, I’ll give you a lift.”

“I’m not a child.”

“Really?”

“If I am… Then I would be really concerned about what we did last night.”

I could practically hear Aaron roll his eyes as he let go of me and grabbed his car keys.

I followed him down to the car and he opened the door for me.

I sighed when he parked the car. “Alright?” He asked.

“Yeah, just… work”

“I thought you were excited about it,”

“I was. But I have to work. Like… properly now. You know, it’s just never ending.”

He started walking me to my office.

“Now, I really do feel like a kid going to their first day of school.”

“Stop complaining.”

“Okay, so I have a lot of stuff to catch up with so I may not be home until… seven, maybe.”

Aaron frowned, “I’ll cook.”

“When you say cook, you actually mean boil some pasta.”

“I’m still learning!”

“Okay, and can you take Apollo out after training?”

“Yes, I will. Just like I said I would last night.” He frowned again, “I’m going to miss seeing you after training.”

“Sorry.”

He looked at his watch, “I love you” He bent down and kissed me.

“Love you too.” I replied before pushing the door to the office and going to my desk.

Sitting on it was a huge bunch of flowers and a welcome back card. I grinned and went over to find Roxy and Beth.

They squealed as I went over. “Are you coming to lunch with us today? We’re going to Notting Hill after some apartment viewings.”

“I’m sorry, I’m stuck in the office all day. I have like a stack of paperwork to catch up on.” I rolled my eyes.

“That sucks.”

“I know right.”

The rest of the day was mind numbingly boring.

I was the last person left in the office and it was pitch black outside when I stopped working. As soon as I stopped I realised how uncomfortable I was. Uncomfortable and tired.

My painkillers had worn off too and my stomach and back were throbbing.

I couldn’t face getting on the underground train to go back to Aaron’s so I got my phone out and called him.