Chapter 10

Chapter 10 

I woke up after hours of sleep. The best night’s sleep I could remember. One of Aaron’s legs was between mine and one of his hands was on my stomach.

I stretched my legs slightly and turned my head to look at the time. Aaron started moving and his eyes opened. He smiled when he saw me. “Hey,”

“Hey you,”

I got up and rummaged through Aaron’s wardrobe for something to wear. “Jesus Christ Aaron, you’ve got more clothes than me!”

I found one of his t-shirts which I put over my jeans which I had from yesterday.

“So what do you have planned for today then?” I asked.

“I have something up my sleeve.”

“I don’t like surprises.”

“Sorry. But you’re going to have to wait until after breakfast.”

I pouted and he kissed me. As the kiss deepened he pulled away, “Or we could just stay here all day.”

“I don’t think Chris would like the idea of us spending all day having sex in his house.”

“Screw him.” He leaned in again and I laughed.

“Besides I wanted to buy him lunch to thank him for having me.”

It was Aaron’s turn to pout as I left the room.

Chris and Aaron picked a small cafe in the city centre to eat at. The boys ordered full English breakfasts (typical) while I had french toast.

My phone started ringing. I looked down and felt a wave of nausea come over me. I clicked the ignore button and went back to the conversation.

Aaron was looking at me questioningly.

“It was just my other boyfriend calling to arrange our date later.” I tried to crack a smile.

“Are you ever going to stop joking about that?”

“Nope.” I said laughing.

My phone persisted and after the third time I decided I had to pick up. I went outside. I would deal with this myself this time.

“What do you want?”

“Oh Anais. You’ve not got your boyfriend to talk this time.”

“What do you want?”

“Don’t want to catch up with your old man?”

“As much as I want to die a long and painful death.”

“Ooh. You’re just a poisonous as you were last time I saw you.”

“Why are you bothering with this?”

“I want my money back.”

“Why now?”

“It’s my money. I want it back.”

“It should have been my money and besides I don’t have it.”

“Don’t lie. I know you’re with a footballer.”

“Don’t bring Aaron into this.”

“He can give me the money you stole.”

“I didn’t steal it! It was money you should have spent on me.”

“If I go to the police they will see it as stealing.”

“Why are you doing this to me?” I whispered.

“I know it’s pretty cruel isn’t it?” He said mockingly, “And with the media attention on you and your little boyfriend, I can find you now”

“Stop calling me! Just leave me alone.”

I hung up my phone and took a deep breath. I waited a minute. Checking he wasn’t going to call back. I composed myself before walking back to the cafe.

“Are you okay?”

I nodded. I could tell Aaron was concerned but he didn’t ask why. He knew better.

“So what do you guys want to do this afternoon? The weather is looking horrible at the moment.”

“What do you want to do?”

“No it’s you guys choice for being so nice and giving me somewhere to sleep.”

“There’s the Cardiff match later.” Chris suggested.

“Sure let’s do that.” I interjected before Aaron could talk.

We were sat in front of Chris’s huge TV again with the football on. I was amazed Chris and Aaron were still eating but their excuse was that they were athletes. Whatever.

It was cute watching them watch the match. They were both Cardiff boys hoping Cardiff would get promoted. Despite them trying to tell me all of the history of the football club I couldn’t help but be distracted. The phonecall earlier had shaken me and I didn’t know what I could do.

Some part of me knew that Aaron would know how to help but I didn’t want to tell him.

Aaron took me to the station at 5pm.

When we were standing outside the platform I felt sad and I didn’t want to go. I burrowed myself into Aaron’s chest hoping that everything would go away.

“Erm, I know you’ll probably say no but…my Mum wants you to come for Christmas.”

I pulled away and looked up at him. “In Wales?”

He nodded.

“I would like that.” I whispered. Emotionally drained or whatever from lunch I had let my guards down. I was finally doing what I wanted to. Not what my brain told me.

“Really?” He was smiling.

“I want to see where you grew up. And besides I wouldn’t see you again until after new year.”

“Thanks.” He went serious again, “Now are you going to tell me what your Dad said earlier?”

“How did you know?”

“I guessed. I could tell by the look on your face.”

I nodded. He continued to amaze me.

“What did he say?” His voice was so soft, he wasn’t pushing me into answering at all but I gave in. I pressed my forehead to his chest and started speaking.

“When I was living with my Dad I was never allowed an allowance. My Mum would send one but Dad would just put it into an account where I couldn’t get to it. When I ran away I knew I needed money to keep me going until I got a job so I took £7000 out of this account… and now he wants it back. My guess is that one of his girlfriends scammed him out of some money and he needs to pay something back… but yeah that’s what he wants.”

“I could-“

“No. Aaron. It’s not your problem. It will sort out.”

He didn’t look convinced but he nodded.

The whistle blew and I realised I needed to get my train. “I’ll see you at Christmas then.”