Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Hello Glastonbury!”

I turned around and smiled at Aaron who had his arms around my waist. Chris and more of Aaron’s friends were standing next to us. I pressed myself further against Aaron gently swaying to the band on stage.

I closed my eyes and thought back to the day. We had seen a few bands and were now watching U2. It had been incredible. I couldn’t remember ever smiling so much. It seemed like all the time something was happening to make us crack up with laughter. A lot of the time it seemed to be me making everyone laugh. If I wasn’t concentrating I ended up slipping on the mud and Aaron would have to scoop me up under the arms just before I ended up completely sinking.

I tiptoed up to shout in Aaron’s ear. “Thank you!”

He looked amused and cocked his head to the side, “What?”

“For bringing me. I’m having so much fun!”

He laughed, “It’s only Friday.”

I shrugged my shoulders then turned back to look at the stage.

“Am I going to regret sharing a tent with you two?” Chris asked that night.

I laughed, “No! Don’t worry.”

Chris was sharing with me and Aaron and the other guys were in a tent next door.

Even though I was snuggled in my sleeping bag I was still shivering and Aaron was sat behind me and wrapped around me trying to warm me up.

“Bloody hell Anais we can hear your teeth chattering from here!” One of the guys next door shouted.

I laughed, “S…sorry,”

Sometime during the night Aaron climbed in my sleeping bag with me and I fell asleep with him pressed against my back.

“So what are we up today?” I asked the next morning when we all got out of the tents.

“Err Mumford and Sons? Coldplay tonight.”

“Cool.”

“We can waste some time this morning though.” Aaron suggested.

I smiled at him and then went to put some proper clothes on.

That morning Aaron and I walked around the site hand in hand. We got to see the more obscure parts of Glastonbury and we had a laugh as we walked past people in fancy dress.

“So me and the guys are thinking of leaving tomorrow morning,”

“What? But you’ll miss Sunday.”

“There isn’t really anyone we want to see…”

“But what about Beyonce?!”

“Anais, really?”

“I want to see her.”

“Well, sorry… but we’re going.”

I stopped walking and pouted at him.

“Anais, don’t pull that face at me.”

“Can I stay to see her?”

“Anais, I don’t really want to,”

“You wouldn’t have to! I’ll stay by myself. You can get a ride to Wales with Chris and I can take your car!”

“Anais, I don’t really want you by yourself…”

“I’ll be fine. It’s all good!”

He looked at me and then nodded, “I’ll think about it.”