Bonus Chapter: The Wedding Part 2

Not Edited

Standing up at the altar, hand in hand with my mate is a feeling I don't think I could describe. It's surreal, euphoric and nerve wracking. I'm afraid to mess something up. What if I say the wrong things? Alex tightly squeezes my hand. I snap my eyes to his. He could tell my nerves were kicking in.

Time seems to fly by, but also drag on. Before I know it, it's time for vows. Alex clears his throat, ready to speak. I wait patiently.

"Layla. I've made some mistakes. Well, a lot of mistakes," he pauses for laughter. "and I know that it took a lot of strength to forgive me for some of them. Okay, most of them. I am a mess," he chuckles while everyone giggles quietly. "But you cleaned up my mess. All of them. I am so thankful for you, Layla. I love you more than anything. I can't wait to marry you. You're my best friend, my mate, future wife and Luna. I fall even more in love with you daily. I still remember the first time I saw you. I didn't think love at first sight was true until I saw you, struggling with your gigantic suitcase. You really packed a lot stuff for one summer," people burst into laughter again.
"but Layla, you probably didn't pack enough because you're staying here. With me. I hope the spark we have never dies. I love you, and I'm ready to start my life with you."

I take a deep, shaky breath. I wipe at my tears before I begin to speak from my heart.
"You're right, Alexander. You are a mess, and I do clean up after you. And I'm not only talking metaphorical messes, you leave crumbs all over the bed," people start laughing again.
"but oh my gosh do I love you. I cannot imagine leaving here without you. Sure, you've gotten me into the worst possible situations I could go through, but it only made me stronger. Even when I was mad at you, I was, and still am, in love with you. I am so blessed to have you, and an amazing group of friends, family and pack. I can't wait to start a life with you. I used to think I would never find my mate, never have pups and never truly be apart of a pack. i was ready to start a normal, human life until I met you. You saved me and wolf. You're extraordinary, Alex. I love you so much."

I look out into the crowd and see people dabbing at their eyes. My dad starts sniffling. I broke him.

The ring bearer approaches us slowly, rings on a soft, velvety pillow.

"Repeat after me, Alexander," the priest says. Alex looks at him.

"With this ring," he starts out, Alexander follows. "I thee wed." Alexander returns his gaze to me as he slides the finger onto my finger, repeating after him.

"Now Layla," the priest turns to me. "Repeat after me."

"With this ring," I say right after him, clearly. "I thee wed." my voice cracks as I slide the finger onto Alex's ring finger. Our hands stay clasped together as we prepare for the next part.

"Do you, Alexander Cast take Layla Mars as your lawfully wedded wife?" the pack priest asks. Alex makes eye contact as he firmly says the words "I do."

"And do you, Layla Mars take Alexander Cast as your lawfully wedded husband?" the priest asks again. I look at Alex, my gaze soft. "I do."

"With the power, invested in me, I now pronounce you Husband and Wife. You may kiss the bride," he says proudly. Alex looks at me with such love before he leans in and slowly kisses me. I know people are cheering and clapping but I can no longer hear nor feel the presence of others. It is just Alex and I.

We pull apart slowly, smiling.

"I love you," he whispers to me, pecking my forehead gently.

"I love you too."

*****

At the reception, my wedding party sits at the same table as us, with Alex and I at the end of the table together. Suddenly, Tyler stands up, glass and fork in hand.

"I would like to make a toast!" he calls out, tapping the fork to the glass. The fork was plastic so there wasn't much of a sound. He taps it harder. "Listen up!" he shouts. Everyone stops talking.
"I first met my best friend Layla in elementary school. She was the shy kid who didn't speak much in class, and i was the class clown. I befriended her quickly and tried to pry her out of her shell. It of course didn't work, but I had made a life long friend. She was there when I had my first girlfriend, when I came out as gay after breaking up with said girlfriend, when my baby sister Sophie was born, and when she attacked me when she first shifted.  Even when she nearly broke my arm that day, she came over with a card and apologized. I forgave her, of course but it took a while for things to return back to normal. I was there for her at bad times too. When she lost her mother, when Alex made mistakes, and when I made my own mistakes. Layla always came back and forgave me. I am so greatful for her. Though I believe no one is good enough for such a kind, beautiful and caring soul as Layla is, Alex is right for you. I'm so happy for the two of you. I love you bunches, Layla. Congrats, and I can't wait to be a Mantie (a male auntie)."

I start off the round of applause, wiping away my tears. he sits back down, on my left side. I reach over and rest my hand gently on his.

"Thank you, Ty." I say truthfully. "I love you too."

Angie stands up abruptly as well.

"I'm Angie, Alex's little sister and I'd like to say a few words as well. Alexander is, definitely a free and reckless spirit. He is chaotic and I never thought he would find his mate. In fact, I thought he was gay for a while there. But I am so glad your mate is Layla. She is beautiful, caring and so kind to everyone she meets, She's so strong too. You guys fit together perfectly. I'm glad I got to be apart of this beautiful ceremony. with you. I'm proud of you, big bro. She's a keeper," she sits back down, smiling. Alex quietly thanks his sister. '

"I'll get you back for that," he whispers to her. She giggles and turns away from him.

I look over at him and I can't help but smile. I love him.

"Why are you looking at me and smiling? You look creepy, babe," Alex nudges me. I roll my eyes.

"I just love you."

With that, he leans in and kisses me again.

*****

Author's Note:

If there's any other bonus chapters you want, let me know !!

(Oh and, we're so close to 88k so THANK YOU in advance. seriously. you all mean the world to me.)

don't be afraid to reach out!

I love & appreciate you all.

Don't forget to vote & comment.

~Galaxy Potato <3