Chapter Thirty Five: The End

Not edited

For some reason, I thought it'd be harder to find Brooke, than it actually was. We have our first "Brooke sighting" within the first hour. Everyone has claimed to see a flash of red hair, an evil laugh there, and her wicked voice. But, no one has actually caught her yet.
Every time they turned towards the sounds, she wasn't there. She's playing a game, and so far, were losing.

"Were never going to find her," Wilfred's friend, Missy, wails. She flings herself onto the ground. I roll my eyes and continue to look around, stopping every now and then to smell and listen.

I take back what I said before, its not easier. I thought it was because we heard her, but its all a joke. She's messing with us. So, there's only one thing I can do that I can think of.

"Missy, get up! We have to find her," Wilfred encourages her, pulling her up easily. She crosses her arms and pouts, and Wilfred flies up into a tree. I turn away from them and start yelling for Brooklyn.

"Brooklyn!" I call, struggling to find my confidence. "Show yourself! I have a deal to make with you. I'll stand down, and we won't hurt you. I just want to talk."

"What makes you think she'll want to even talk to you?" Wilfred asks, floating down from the top of a tree.

"When I tell her what she'll get if she shows herself." I say, while Wilfred gives me a confused look.
"If you stop hiding, and stop disappearing, we'll talk this through. We'll fight. Me and you, no one else." I start, finding my confidence. She appears in front of me, smirk playing on her blood red lips.

"And if I win?" She asks, resting a manicured nail on her collarbone, smirking still.

"You'll get Alex, and I'll leave. Forever." She brightens up, and smiles widely. "But, if I win, you have to leave and never talk, interact or even think about Alex. And you'll be dead, so that shouldn't be hard."

"How do I know you won't have help?" She asks, a little unsure about the deal.

"You won't, but you know I won't have any back up. If your scared, you may have one person back you up," I say before I can stop myself. I regret it, but I stand by my words and don't back down.

"Deal." She sticks at her hand and waits for me to shake it. I take it and firmly shake it. She snaps a finger, and a huge, muscly man appears beside her, cracking his knuckles. I shift and claw at the ground.

"Attack!" She yells, pointing at me. The man flies forward and lunges for me. I easily jump out of the way, and he slams into a tree, but quickly shakes it off. He turns around and flies at me again, determination in his eyes.

I try to dodge him, but he lands on me and pins me down. I cry out and land on my back. He smiles evily, and I return the same as I bite down on his bicep, blood already oozing from the fresh wound. He cusses and grasps at his arm. I take this time, and jump back up and bite at his throat. I clamp down with all my might until he stops squirming.

I loft my head and look at Brooklyn, blood dripping from my canines. She gulps loudly as I growl at her. She smirks as she disappears and I'm left with Wilfred and Missy. I stay in my defensive stance, looking all around me.

"Over here, dog breath!" Brooklyn calls, I turn and she's gone again.

"Brooklyn!" I yell angrily, earning an evil laugh from her. I turn again, only to be met with her vanishing.