Bonus Chapter: The Wedding Part 1

🖤 Not edited 🖤

"You look absolutely gorgeous, Layla," Angie comments as she fluffs the back of my dress a little. She rests a hand on my shoulder, smiling. "I'm so glad that you'll be my sister."

"Thanks, Ang. I love you, girl," I hug her lightly. She hugs me back, sniffling.

"My big brother is getting married. I never thought I'd see the day, honestly," she gathers up her stuff as she rambles on about how disgusting he was as child, and how he's grown up a lot. I stand still, staring back at my reflection.

"I'm nervous," I blurt out suddenly. She stops what she's doing and looks at me, eyes soft.

"It's okay. You'll be fine. It's your big day; there's no room for nerves here!" she grips my arms sternly. I nod my head and swipe at my tears.

"You're absolutely right," I smile at her. She beams back at me. She nods, turns away and continues to gather her things. I return my gaze to the mirror image of myself.

My fingers trace my arms lightly, causing my hair to stand on end. My mother used to do this to calm me down, and it always worked wonders. I bring my eyes up from my arms and up to my face. I tried to keep my makeup more natural, but I sure do love beating my face, so it's as natural as it'll get. My hair is half up, half down, and held back with the same hair clip and veil my mom wore. My dress has a lace top, with a flowy yet skinny train and skirt. You can't see my shoes, but they're short wedges. If I had gone any taller, I might have been the same height as Alex, which might hurt his fragile masculinity. I take a deep breath, practicing my meditation breathing exercises for anxiety.

Suddenly, the door slams open with a frazzled Aria.

"I can't find my freaking shoe," she dives into a random suitcase, throwing everything out and onto the floor. Angie glares at her since she just cleaned all that up.

"It's not in there," Angie huffs, applying lipgloss.

"How do you know?" Aria growls back, dumping it all out. The shoe is no where to be found.

"Told ya," Angie winks at her and blows a kiss. Aria rolls her eyes and steps over the pile.

"All knowing Angie," Aria starts out sarcastically, "please tell me where art thou shoe."

"Did you check the closet where our dresses were?" she asks, turning around with a casual smirk.

"dId yOu ChEcK tHe ClOsEt?" Aria mimics her, pulling the door open. And there it is, sitting directly in front of the door.

"A classic Cinderella story," I sigh dreamily.

"Come put this shoe on me then, prince charming," she sits down, shoe in hand. I roll my eyes but stand up anyway. She plops her left leg onto my lap as I try to shove her foot into the shoe, but it doesn't budge.

"Are you sure you aren't the step sister?" I ask as I jam her foot into the tight heel.

"Oh haha, you're hilarious," she stands up and brushes herself off. I let them pick their outfits and colors, as long as the color all matched each other. Aria, Nessa, Rachel (Beta Brayden's wife), and Angie are my bridesmaids. Tyler is my Maid of Honor. They settled on a soft yellow.

Angie looks at the time on her watch and screeches.

"It's time! Oh my god, it's time!" she starts running around, screaming. Aria grabs my wrist and pulls me towards the doors to the line up area.

"We're going- with or without you, Ang," she calls over her shoulder as she drags me out of the room. I hear the quick clicking of her heels as she races after us. We stand outside the double doors leading to the main room, where my future husband will be waiting for me, at the altar. My father stands beside the doors, mumbling something to himself. He must've heard us walking because his head snaps up and his eyes land on me. His eyes start to water as I approach him.

"My beautiful little girl," he exclaims, pulling me into a tight hug. "You look just like your mother."

"Thank you, dad. For everything. I love you," I feel myself start to cry. He wipes away my tears and smiles sadly.

"I guess you're not so little anymore," he shakes his head, looking at the ground. "Where did the time go? I could've sworn just yesterday you were ripping the heads off your Barbie dolls."

"Dad," I giggle, shoving his shoulder lightly. A quiet, comfortable silence falls between us. Tyler rushes up to me.

"I would've stopped by earlier, but I had to make sure everyone was dressed and in position and my god, you look beautiful!" he rants, grabbing both my hands. He kisses one of them. "I love you dearly and I'm so happy for you."

"I love you too, Ty," I say as he rushes away again to get in position.

"Are we ready?" Angie asks as she gathers everyone into position outside the door.

We hear the classical music start to play as the doors slowly swing open to present my bridesmaids and the ushers. Angie and her mate, Aria and Noah, Nessa and her husband- Christopher all walk together, paired off by mates. However, Wilfred and Rachel walk together since Beta Brayden is Alex's best man. Next to follow is Tyler, my Maid of Honor. I always knew he was first choice for this role, even during our fights. Out of all my friends, I've loved him the longest so its only fair. Next walks the ring bearer, one of Alex's little cousins. After that my flower girl, Sophie, Tyler's little sister, drops the petals all over the floor, preparing for my father and I to walk. As she reaches the final row of chairs, the classic wedding song begins to play. My heart starts racing as I feel my dad link our arms together at the elbow. We slowly begin our descent around the corner to reveal ourselves from the open doors.

I can feel everyone's eyes on me as we continue our long and slow walk down the aisle. I realize I've focused my eyes onto the ground, avoiding eye contact. I slowly raise them. They immediately find Alex's. His eyes are just as watery as mine, if not more. We're both very emotional.

Looking back, we've come a long way, as people and as mates. When we first met, we clicked. I was too stubborn to admit it at the time. While stuck in thoughts, I had suddenly reached the altar. My dad slowly loosened his grasp on me as Alex and I joined hands.

"You may be seated," the priest says, causing everyone to return back to their seats.

Let the wedding commence.

*******
Author's Note::
Hi guys !!!

I hope Valentine's Day is treating you well. Personally, I love it.

& thank you, everyone, for 87k reads. i love you all <3

Consider this a valentines day gift for y'all :)
Part 2 coming soon !!
Don't forget to favorite & comment!!

Ilysm

~Galaxy Potato

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤