Chapter Thirty One

**DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS ? THEY'RE ALL IN THE SEQUEL OUT NOW!!! GO TO MY PROFILE & FIND THE BOOK LABELED "The Alpha's Daughter: book 2" & ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY TO GET NOTIFIED WHEN THERE ARE UPDATES!!!****

Waiting in the waiting room for Noah was probably one of the most nerve wracking, anxiety inducing, and heart racing moments I've ever had.
That being said, I haven't had too many moments like this.

Every time we hear foot steps, our heads shoot up, hope in my eyes, fear in Nessa's.

"Ness, he'll be fine," I reassure her, hand on her shaking knee. She gives me a weak smile and looks back towards the ground.

We hear footsteps again, and thus time its actually a doctor. I swear we see more family members and random people rather than the actual doctors and nurses.

She bolts out of her chair and rushes over to the doctor. I don't move from my spot on my chair, to give her some time alone with her brother and the doctor. The doctor leads her away, down the hall. I sit quietly, waiting for her to eventually return.

I hear the outside door open and I glance up. I immediately regret that decision, because there standing in the door way, is none other than my mate, Alpha Alexander.

"Layla," he breathes, smiling at me. I resist the urge to return that smile.

"Alpha," I whisper. He seems to relax a little at the sound of my voice.

"I am so sorry, I love you so much, Layla. I didn't even do anything with her, trust me. All I did was kiss her, that's it. I was practically forced to. I didn't want her to come for you. As for Noah, I am so so so sorry. He wouldn't let me see you, and I missed you. I just wanted to explain everything. Layla, please just understand. I need you. I love you," he pleads, tears falling from his face. My eyes threaten to spill as well.

"Alex," I start.

"Don't say anything," he whispers to me. He leans forward and gently presses a soft kiss against my lips and jumps up, running out the doors.

"Alex!" I call after him, but its no use. He's gone.

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I wrote this last minute so yeah. I was wondering if any of you guys are going to make that cover for "Mateless", and if you are, please let me know over private message! Thanks.

Also, the book will be ending in a couple of chapters 😭, I'm sorry but its inevitable.

Lastly, THERES A NEW BOOK COMING OUT IN ABOUT A WEEK OR A MONTH!!!!

Don't forget to favorite and comment! ❤

Love,

Galaxy Potato