Chapter Twenty Six

Not edited
◼◼Layla's POV◼◼

Angie finally came back to the room. I sent her down to get some snacks, and she came back empty handed.

"Ang?" Aria asks. Angie's head snaps up.

"Hm?"

"The snacks?" Aria asks, giggling. Angie laughs.

"Oh yea," she rubs her neck. She seems off.

"Are you ok," I say, getting kinda worried. She nods her head.

"You know, I'm actually pretty tired," she trails off, leaving us to go to her room.

"I'm going to go check up on her," Aria says, leaving soon after Angie. Suddenly, I hear stomping up the stairs.

"Nessa, Aria, were leaving!" I hear Noah yells from the stairs. Nessa and I share worried glances. We both run over to the door, looking over the balcony of the stair case.

"Why?" Nessa asks. Noah glances at me, a look in his eyes that I can't really decipher. Alex rushes up the stairs after him.

"Get out!" He roars at Noah, fists at his sides.

"Alex!" I scold him. Alex looks at me, before looking back at Noah, threatening him with a punch. Aria rushes out of Angie's room.

"Stop!" She screeches at Alex, lunging at his arm. She pulls his arm down, before standing in front of Noah. Typically, the males would do this for the female. Clearly this isn't a ordinary couple. Angie decides now would be a great time to figure out why everyone is shouting at each other. Other pack members have started gathering around the staircase.

"Alexander!" Angie yells loudly at him, stalking down the stairs towards him. She reaches out and slaps him right across his face. He stands there, stunned.
"Now, everyone get back to their rooms!" She barks loudly. I turn to leave before she calls out to me.
"Except you, Layla."

---------------------------------------------------------

"I'm confused," I say, shaking my head. It just doesn't make any sense.

"No surprise there," Tyler mumbles. I shoot him a glare.
Were all gathered in the conference room. Angie, Aria, Alex, Brayden, Alex and Angie's mom, Tyler, Noah, Nessa, Alpha Cooper, Wilfred, and Brooklyn, in chains.

"Stupid girl," Brooklyn says loudly. A guard slaps her.
"How could you not understand that your so called mate almost slept with me," she says with a smug smirk.

"What I don't understand is why he would sleep with you," I say, smirking back. Wilfred laughs lightly.

"Who's side are you on?" Brooklyn squeaks at him. This earns another laugh from her brother.

"Enough!" Alex roars. Everyone stops what their doing.

"Were never going to get anywhere," Angie groans.

"Where are we even supposed to be going?" I ask, getting really frustrated.

"I don't know!" Angie cries, throwing her hands up in the air. Alex stands up.

"This is stupid," he yells, stalking out of the room. Man, does my mate have a temper lately. I realize it could be because he cheated and he's stressed about how I'll react. Honestly, I'm going to try to stay calm. He says he didn't sleep with her, so I should try to at least stay calm. I mean, Aria's ex cheated several times and she forgave him each and every time. And they weren't even mates!
I get up to go after him but Angie grabs my wrist.

"Give him some time," she whispers. I shake my head.

"I have to go see him," I pull out of her grip and run out after him. He's outside, on the porch swing.
"Alex."
He turns his head and looks at me. Its apparent he was crying. He wipes his eyes.

"Layla, go back inside," he croaks. I shake my head again and sit beside him. I lean into him, sighing.

"Alex. I forgive you," I say quietly. He stiffens up a little.

"No you don't," he whispers. I sit up and look him in the eyes.

"Yes, I do," I say sternly, grabbing his face, staring into his beautiful brown eyes.
"I will forgive you for anything and everything you do. I love you, Alpha Alexander Thomas Cast."
We stay, staring at each other for what feels like forever, when he's suddenly crashing his lips against mine. He starts crying while were kissing, making me pull away.
"Alex?"

"Please, Layla just," he keeps crying. "Please?"

"What Alex?" I ask, tearing up.

"Never leave me," he whispers, leaning in again. I lean backwards.

"I promise I'll never leave you, Alex."

"Thank you," he says it so quietly I don't think he even realized he said it. He stands up suddenly, and is pulling me up with him.
"I love you, Layla Marie Cast."

"M-my last name isn't Cast," I stutter, heart fluttering a million miles an hour.

"Soon, it will be," he says ominously, getting down on one knee. I shreik loudly. I hear a bunch of squeals and hoots from behind me. I realize we've gained a crowd.
"Will you, my love, Layla Marie Mars marry me?"

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I am so sorry I didn't update yesterday. I truly am sorry. I've been so stressed and anxious about school starting up again.

I hope you guys really liked this emotional and dramatic chapter. I honestly felt like crying a little while writing it.

Thank you guys so much for all your love and support! It makes my day.

We'll make it to the millions in no time. I blinked my eye and suddenly, we were in the thousands! You guys mean so much to me, and I am so very thankful for all of you. Even if you aren't favoriteing and commenting.

Thanks you all so much!

Don't forget to favorite and comment! ❤

Love,

Galaxy Potato

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤