Chapter Twenty Seven

Not edited

"I-i," I can't help but stutter. Too many things are running through my head. If we get married, I'll be expected to have children. Not that that is a problem, its just I'm not ready for a baby yet.
"Yes!"

"Yes?" Alex breaks into a huge smile, standing up, hands on my waist. I nod my head.

"Yes." He picks me up, spinning me around. I squeal.
"I never pegged you as a cliché kind of guy."
He just shrugs his shoulders. His mom rushes out squealing louder than me.

"Oh my boy is getting married!" She squeals, engulfing both of us into a bone crushing hug.

"Mom. Let go before you break my fiancé." He emphasizes fiancé. I'm sure my face is red and my smile is blinding.

"No!" I hear a high shriek from behind us. Brooklyn. She's quickly grabbed by a guard, and pulled away. Behind her, was my dad. My smile fades.

"Did you ask my dad?" I ask Alex. He smiles.

"Of course! What kind of mate wouldn't?" He says a little too quickly, giving me a reassuring smile, before running off towards my dad. I shake my head, laughing. My dad walks right past Alex, and heads straight for me.

"You're engaged?" He asks. I sheepishly nod my head. He breaks into the biggest grin I've ever seen him wear.
"That's my girl!" He wraps his arms around me and I almost start crying. I don't think I've ever been so happy.

"Dad?" I ask quietly.

"Yes sweetheart?"

"C-can I tell mom?" I look at the ground. He lifts my head up with a single finger on my chin.

"Of course Layla."

---------------------------------------------------------

"Mom?" I say quietly. "I'm engaged!" I bend down and gently place a single flower on her grave. I let my tears fall onto the dirt. I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"She would be so proud of you, Layla." My dad wipes away a tear. She was his mate. When she died, his wolf died with her. I look over to the stone next to hers.

"I'm getting married, Holden." I whisper to the small child's grave. Before you say this is "cliché", it wasn't. Sure, it was a car crash, but it didn't happen like you would expect. It wasn't a drunk driver. It was an inexperienced teenager. That teenager wasn't found guilty. It was that teenager's seventh time driving.

That teenager was me.

I was only seventeen when it happened. Holden was seven. He sat behind my mom on the passenger side. That side took the most damage. The crash isn't what killed him. It was the fire. My mother was killed on impact.

And it was all my fault.

I leave flowers on both of their graves, hands shaking. My dad rests a hand on my shoulder, calming down instantly. Nobody at my new pack knows about this tragedy.
After the incident, I was treated differently. It was all fake. The smiles. The reassurance. The "sorrys", it was all fake. Nobody cared about me, nor my family. The only people there for me was Tyler and my dad.

I pretty much went into a deep depression, that I thought I wouldn't ever escape. After years and years, Tyler and dad, somehow, helped me through it. Then, I transferred here. You may, or may not, be thinking "but Layla, you seemed perfectly fine earlier" medicine, my friends. Lots and lots of drugs. No, not like weed and stuff. Just antidepressants.

Now that I remember, I haven't really been taking them. I guess you could say Alex, and my new friends, are my antidepressants.

Dad and I climb into his small silver Ford focus. He was clearly pretty stressed about everything.

"I'm going to be ok," I say smiling at him.

"I'm not worried about you," he says, chuckling at my expression.
"I'm worried about me. What is it going to be like for me to have a married daughter?" I feel my heart break a little. I didn't think about him. I won't be at home. I'll be at my pack house.
What about Tyler? He'll be all alone. I don't know if I could do that to him and Ty.

"Don't worry sweetie. We'll manage," he says soothingly. I nod my head and watch the road ahead of us.

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

What's good guys?

So today (Thursday) is my first day of school so I probably won't be able to update every other day. But, your amazing comments will result in better, longer and quicker updated chapters!

I'm going through all past chapters to edit them so if they seem different, that's why.
SHOUT OUT!

A huge thank you to Chorusrose for blowing up my notifications with your lovely comments and favorites. Its greatly appreciated!

Want a shout out?
Spam my comments and favorites!

I love you all so much!

Don't forget to favorite and comment! ❤

Love,

Galaxy Potato

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤