Chapter Two

It's a dark forest. Nobody's around. I smell something. It's sweet and intriguing. I follow it. I stop when I see a beautiful man. I can't see his face. It's too dark. He turns around. His face-

"Layla! Get up!" Angie yells in my ear. My body shoots up, eyes wide. They land on Angie who is already dressed and ready for training. 

"Angie, what the heck," I yelp, my heart is racing.

"I tried shaking you awake but that didn't work," she says, getting off my bed. She starts stretching her arms. "Are you ready to train?"

"What time is it?" I grumble, putting a pillow over my head. My heart rate is still impossibly high. Is it possible to have a heart attack from being woken up so violently?

"A little after 5 AM," she says cheerfully. 

"Oh, so you're a crazy morning person, huh?" I ask, sitting up. She grins at me. 

"A little, yeah. Did your pack not train in the morning?" She asks, tightening her shoelaces. I feel a slight pang when she mentions my old pack.

"We trained at night," I push my comforter off me and climb out of bed. I stand up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "We were a bunch of night owls."

"Well, get ready or Alpha will punish you for being late." She says, skipping out of my room. How can she be so cheerful this early? 

I decide to skip a shower, saving it for after I train. I grab some clothes from my drawers. I settle on a random pair of athletic shorts, a sports bra, and a loose tank top.  I pull on my old pair of Nikes. I quickly throw my dull, dirty blond hair into an elastic. I'm not sure how we're training so I pack a bag, just in case we train as wolves. I shove extra clothes inside and grab a robe. 

I rush out of my bedroom. Voices lead me to the back door where it appears the entire pack has already gathered. Alpha Alexander is waiting on the porch, a playful glint in his charcoal eyes. 

"How nice of you to join us, Layla," Alpha says, teasing in his voice. I rush past him and find the only other familiar face; Angie. 

"Sorry for being late, Alpha," I say quietly. Everyone's eyes are on me, causing my face to turn a very flattering shade of tomato. 

"Try being on time tomorrow," he says, his eyes no longer playful. I feel my wolf growling at him. Don't. I tell her.

'He doesn't have the right to embarrass us like that.' she growls.

"Yea he does. He's Alpha." I point out.

'So? That doesn't mean he gets to act like a dou-' I silence her, so I can try to focus on what Alpha's saying.

"We'll start by stretching out. Once we're stretched, we'll shift and continue training." Alexander informs everyone. Angie and I take turns choosing random stretches to do until it's time to shift. We shed our clothes, unashamed, and shift. 

I shift into my caramel-colored wolf. My bones crack and dislocate as I get closer to the ground and my canines come out. My pale skin is quickly replaced by my shiny fur. I don't usually brag, but I'm very proud of my wolf. We take much pride in our appearance. 

I look over at Angie. Her wolf is absolutely stunning! It's a dark, almost black, brown wolf, with hints of blond poking out. Her fur is so fluffy and her grey eyes seem almost brighter. It's evident she's comfortable in her fur. 

"Your wolf is so pretty!" I nudge against her, my nails clacking against the gravel. 

"Thank you! So is yours," she gushes, admiring my golden caramel coat. We talk to each other quietly, mostly about each other's wolf. We swap embarrassing shifting stories, giggling amongst ourselves.

"Enough!" Alpha barks, walking up to us. I can't help but gasp at him. His wolf is gorgeous.

He's an all-black wolf with silver on his ears and his paws. I can't help but swoon over him. My wolf purrs loudly at him. I mentally tell her to shut up before he hears.

"Don't think I didn't hear that, Layla." He smirks at me, flicking his tail playfully at me. "Let's run!" he sprints off into the woods. A few follow him, right on his heels. I glance over at Angie, to see her ready to run. We both start running after them. 

I was aware that I was fast, but I didn't expect to catch up to Alpha Alexander so easily. I don't expect him to slow down as I'm right on his heels. I definitely don't expect to tumble over each other but it happens. 

He lands on top of me. At first, I yelp but, its quickly replaced with loud, embarrassing purrs at being so close to him.

"H-hi, Alpha," I say sheepishly.

"Hello, Layla." He says, not moving from me. I see a smile forming.

"Would you mind moving, please?" I ask, not really wanting him to.

"Oh, uh yeah." He says, not moving.

"You're kinda crushing me, Alpha," I hold back a laugh. A group has started to form around us.

"Sorry," he says, finally getting up, and backing away a little. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I say, shaking my fur. He walks over to me and stops right by my ear. I get ready for him to yell at me, but instead, he licks me. I gasp, jumping back.

"I'll see you later, Layla," he says, smiling. He glances back at me and continues running. Slowly, everyone else starts following him. Angie approaches me, grinning. 

"Oh my gosh!" She squeals.

"What?" I ask, laying down.

"He's totally into you!" She prances around, squealing. 

"I doubt it," I shake my head. "Plus, he's the Alpha. I literally just got here."

"Never say never," she says, stretching to keep warm. "Are you ready to keep running?"

I hop back up and jog lightly after everyone, Angie by my side. By the time we reach the rest of the pack, they've shifted and are drinking bottled water. Unconsciously, I find myself searching the crowd for Alexander. I'm disappointed when I don't see him. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

What's up, guys? I hope you're enjoying this book so far. While you're waiting for me to update this book, you could check out my other books.  😉

Okay, I'll shut up now.

Word count: 1, 094

Don't forget to favorite and comment! ❤

Love,

Galaxy Potato

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤