Chapter Twenty One

Not edited
◼◼Layla's POV◼◼

Its been awhile since Brooklyn has been back in my room, or jail cell. Normally, I would be rejoicing but, honestly, its way scarier that she hasn't been here at all. Did she forget about me? Is she waiting for me to die? I have no idea what's even going on. I haven't eaten in almost two days and I'm practically starving. I'm highly aware that it takes a week or two to actually starve. But, that's according to human research. I have to eat for my wolf too. So, yeah. Starving.

I've cried so much, I'm probably intensely dehydrated.

"I thought you could use something to eat and drink," a voice startles me from my thoughts. Somehow, I didn't hear the door open.

"Oh uh, thanks. I'm Layla, by the way. You probably know that. Obviously, cause I'm basically your prisoner," I blush, stuttering over my words. The person raises an eyebrow. He floats over to me, out of the shadows.

"I'm Wilfred," he says, smiling. He was incredibly tall, standing at most likely around 7'0, with blond hair and blue eyes. If I didn't have an amazing mate, I would be swooning.

"Its kinda messed up that you guys are keeping me here," I chuckle, shoving food into my mouth. I barely even notice what I'm eating, I was just so hungry. He sits down on the concrete floor in front of me.

"I didn't say I agreed with my sister" he laughs lightly, smiling at me.
"She didn't even want to feed you, so I did."

"Sister? And uh, thanks for the food," I smile at the floor.

"You're welcome. Everyone always reacts the same as you when they find out were related. I don't understand her hatred for you. You seem nice," he says.

"She's obsessed with my mate, Alex. And thanks."

"That's the stupidest reason I've ever heard. I swear Brook is insane!" He exclaims laughing.

"I would get her checked out."

"I've tried before. She caught on," he laughs again. We end up laughing and joking for another hour or so. I have no idea, there's no windows or even a clock.
"I should probably get going, my Brook's going to think I'm breaking you out," he winks at me. I freeze.

"Wou- would you help me escape?" I whisper, hopeful. He smiles and winks, leaving me to wonder, in the dark, alone.

---------------------------------------------------------

◼◼Alex's POV◼◼

I'm starting to freak out. Layla's been missing for almost a full day. To humans, that isn't very long. To werewolves, they might as well have been missing for a year, by the way we react.
Point is, I'm worried about her. Tyler isn't back yet, but she isn't responding to mind links, calls or texts. I have the right to worry! Were supposed to be heading back to the pack house. Angie, Aria and I have been chilling at Tyler's house. I mean, they've been chilling, I've been freaking out. I didn't even want her to leave today. I've had a bad feeling about this place ever since we pulled into the parking lot of his apartment building.
Layla didn't listen to me, and now she could be gone.

"We've got to do something," I start, jumping off the couch. "I can't just sit here and wait!"

"Alex, calm down. I bet she's just running a little late," Angie rolls her eyes, watching TV. Aria gives me a sympathetic look, after glaring harshly at Angie.

"I'll help you look for her, if you want," she smiles genuinely at me. I nod my head, slipping my shoes on.

"Let's go."

---------------------------------------------------------

"Alex, we've looked everywhere! She's not here," Aria places a hand on my shoulder. Its not a flirty move; its sincere. I shrug it off anyway.

"No. She has to be here," I say firmly, looking through the mall again.
We've walked into every store at least five times. I still have no clue where she is. Or Tyler, for that matter. I've already talked to Beta Brayden, hoping she maybe went back with Tyler, or something. I don't want to call her dad, no need to worry him.

"Alex! She's not here. We have to call her dad, or the police. This isn't doing anything!" She yells at me, dragging me towards the mall doors. She pulls me outside and towards the bus stop. I sit on a bench, trying to shrink away. I'm not trying to be annoying or anything, I just want my mate back. I want my Layla back.
She puts her hand back on my shoulder.

"

Alex, I'm sorry. Really and truly. I promise, we'll find her," she smiles at me. I think I even see a small tear threatening to fall in her eye.

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey guys!! I hope your not mad about less updates. I think it'll be easier on me, and the book could last a little longer.

SHOUT OUT!:

Thank you so much to _King_Karma_ for blowing my phone up with all of your favorites and comments.

AND

A HUGE thank you to my newly found friend, RitaS09 who made me this gorgeous new cover and has been supporting my book.

Want more Wilfred?
Go check out Lysander by RitaS09 and give her some love.
I love and appreciate all of you guys!

Want a shout out?

Blow up my notifications with all sorts of lovely things, like favorites and comments.

Thanks!

Don't forget to favorite and comment! ❤

Love,

Galaxy Potato