A Day Off

Sophie woke up with a beautiful sunshine. She yawned and stretched out. She heard Fitz stir beside her and look over. He was facing her, his beautiful teal eyes looking straight at her, his smile lighting his face. "Why good morning my love." Sophie smiled at him. "Good morning to you too handsome." Fitz's smile turned lopsided at her comment and he kissed her cheek. She giggled. "What time are you going shopping with the guys?" Fitz thought for a moment and grabbed his imparter off the nightstand by his side of the bed. "Umm ten thirty." He looked back at Sophie. "Why?" She shrugged. "No reason." His eyes flashed with suspicion but he didn't press. Sophie rolled off the bed and went downstairs to make breakfast. She made Fitz's plate the way he liked it. Nothing touching unless it was something that went together like peanut butter and jelly, or pancakes and syrup, or strawberries and whipped cream. She set it in his usual spot and sat down in hers. He came down a little bit later fully dressed and ready to go for the day. He sat down and shoved a pastry into his mouth. Sophie bit back a laugh. He had pastry jam and icing on the corners of his mouth. "What" he asked innocently. "You have stuff on the corners of your mouth. Here." She leaned over and wiped it off. She then wiped her hands on a napkin. "So. What do you think I should get today" Fitz asked. Sophie shrugged. "I don't have a preference I mean it is your suit. I really don't need to tell you nothing wild with chains and crap like that. Just, make sure Keefe doesn't get anything you know either you or I wouldn't approve of." Fitz nodded. "Can it be simple? Or does it have to be elaborate?" Sophie shook her head. "No, it can be simple. Just make sure it matches the colors to some extent. You can ask Biana with that one. I'm sure she has something she can use." Fitz smiled. "Alrighty, well I'm going to go to Keefe's. Need anything before I go?" Sophie set down her fork. "Yes. There is a box in your office that needs to get moved into mine, but it's rather heavy. Do you think you can move it for me?" Fitz pushed his chair out. "I can try." They went upstairs and Fitz picked up the box. He walked across the hall into Sophie's office and set it down. "Ok. I'm going now. See you later." Fitz turned around and started to walk out but Sophie stopped him. "One more thing." Fitz groaned quietly. "What?" Sophie smiled. "A kiss." Fitz smirked. "Gladly m lady." He walked up to her and gave her a kiss. He broke away and gave a small hug before exiting. Sophie sighed. "What am I ever going to do with him." She went to her room and called the girls. Then she got dressed and met them in Atlantis at Ivy's. 

       "This is a wonderful idea Sophie" Linh said. The girls murmured their agreement. "Planing for a wedding is not easy." Sophie laughed. "No it is not." The lady doing Sophie's nails looked up. "Who's getting married?" Sophie smiled. "I am." The lady smiled back at her. "Congratulations. Who's the lucky guy?" "Fitz Vacker." The girl nodded. "I can see that. You guys are both powerful and you are like drop dead gorgeous." Sophie blushed at the compliment. "Thank you." The girl smiled and went back to her nails. The girls had said to take their time getting them done because they needed a break. After two hours, the girls were finally done and walked out. They walked to a café down the street and sat on the patio. They ordered a platter of sandwiches to share, some mallowmelt, and lemonade. As they ate, Stina walked in and spotted them. She walked over to them, her snotty attitude matching her expression. "Why hello Sophie. Fancy seeing you here. Did you know Fitz his here with his friends picking out a suit for a wedding?" Sophie nodded. "I did." Stina's smirk still hung tight on her face, but jealousy pooled in her eyes. It wasn't exactly a secret that she had liked Fitz for years, no matter how rude she was to him and his family. "So did your friends decide to cheer you up because of your loss? But I mean really. You didn't stand a chance anyway. Everyone could see it. I mean he's a Vacker. They are perfect, but you. No your far from it. Your freaky brown eyes and dangerous abilities. And not to mention, you are an experiment." Stina smiled coldly at her. "I wonder who the lucky girl is. Do you know? I would have imagined he would have told you." Sophie tried so hard not to smile. "He did tell me who it was. And I was there to witness the event." Stina's smiled grew colder. "Aww you poor baby. You had to witness the event. He was smart enough to do it in front of you." Sophie still fought off a smile. "Yes how rude of him" she said sarcastically. "And I have to plan for it as well." Stina laughed. "He really is smart." Stina eventually composed herself. "So. Who's the lucky girl?" Sophie's smile ignited her face with a perfect glow. "Me." Stina snorted. "Yeah right. Like he would ever want you" she sneered. However, you could see in her eyes that she thought Sophie could possibly be telling the truth as she thought about Sophie's comment about witnessing the event. "But he did want me. Why else would he have asked me?" Stina growled. "Tell me the truth. Who's the lucky new Vacker" she practically spat. "She is" a deep, crisply accented voice said. They all turned around to see Fitz standing with his arm crossed behind Sophie. Keefe and Tam flanked him, and Dex had somehow moved silently and unseen behind Stina. He had an open bottle ready to pour something on her head. Stina gaped at Fitz. His light blue jerkin paired well with his black pants and shoes. Stina quickly composed herself. "Why did you pick her out of all people? I mean, you could've had Anastasia. She could make your reputation soar high." Fitz shrugged. "I didn't want Anastasia. I wanted Sophie." Stina shook her head. "What a shame. And to think, you could've been King." She laughed her warped and cracked laugh as she turn on her heels and stomped away. Fitz placed a hand on Sophie's shoulders and massaged them. "I guess I should've expected you to be here. You did say you owed them a treat." Sophie placed a hand on his arm. "Did you get your suits yet?" The boys nodded. "We did, but he didn't just yet" Dex said, pointing to Fitz. "He's still trying to find something perfect. "Well sorry I don't want to get yelled at by Biana." Biana glared at her brother and Dex laughed. "That wasn't meant to be critical." Keefe shook his head. "Yeah well I'm getting tired and wanna do something fun. Just pick one already." Fitz rolled his eyes. "Well we better get going or this will take awhile." He leaned down and kissed Sophie's head and the guys walked off. Sophie shook her head and smiled. She and Biana shared a look. "Boys" they said.