Butterflies

"Oh it's just you." Sophie let out the breath she had been holding, relieved. "Who did you think it was," Fitz asked. He had sorrow in his eyes when he heard her answer. "Oh. Umm..... I ummm.. Uh...umm I.....he-Sophie smacked her hand over her mouth at her slip. She didn't want to tell Fitz that she thought he was a pyromaniac ready to kill her. She didn't think that would make her more appealing to him. Fitz raised an eyebrow. He let it go and continued to throw a rock in the air. Sophie turned around and walked into the willow. She ran her hand along the bark. She climbed up the tree and disappeared into the leaves. As she was getting adjusted on her spot on the branch, Biana appeared and startled Sophie. "Ahhhh" Sophie screamed. Sophie and Biana started to giggle. Fitz appeared a moment later, looking concerned. His expression changed to confusion when he saw the girls laughing.

       "Is everything alright," he asked. Sophie turned and looked at him, butterflies shot around her stomach. His eyes were gorgeous, and they held concern and something else that made Sophie feel all jittery and excited inside. "Yes everything is alright" Sophie replied. "Fitz can you go please. Me and Sophie have something we need to talk about" Biana said, waving Fitz off. Fitz nodded reluctantly and climbed back down the tree. Once he was out of earshot, Biana turned to Sophie. "Your acting really strange around my brother," she said. "What do you mean" Sophie asked. "Like one minute your scared around him, the next you look mad at him. And just now you were nervous. Like what is up. Please tell me" Biana begged. "I'm..........I don't know how to say it" Sophie said. "I can't explain it. I mean you already know I have a crush on him. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it. But I don't know what's happening." Sophie's stomach growled. "Do you have your imparter on you" Sophie asked. "Yeah why" Biana asked. "Because I wanna stay the night that's ok with you and your parents." Biana looked excited. " Yes I'm sure my parents would love it." Biana dug out her imparter and called Edaline. "Hi Edaline. Can Sophie stay the night. She's over here right now." "Yes that's alright I'll get her clothes and conjure them over." With that, Edaline ended the call. "I'll go get us a snack. Be right back." Biana said, jumping out of the tree. Sophie climbed down and watched her run out of the cave. She slid down the trunk and on to the ground leaning up against the trunk as she sat. After about 2 minutes, Keefe walked in.

  "Is this seat taken" he asked. "N-no" Sophie stuttered looking up. Keefe smirked at her stutter. He sat down and stared at the lake. Soon Sophie's breathing slowed. He looked over to see her sleeping. He laid her down setting her head on his lap. Fitz walked in to see Keefe playing with her hair a moment later. "What are you doing" Fitz asked, slightly jealous. Keefe stopped braiding Sophie's hair and looked up. "Letting Sophie sleep. Face it I'm her favorite." Fitz scowled. Fitz opened his mouth to make a threat when Biana walked in carrying a blanket and a basket holding some dinner and dessert. "Dinner is ready boys see you later." Biana took Sophie's head gently and put the blanket under her head. She sat down and opened the basket, taking out its contents. She sat there eating while Sophie slowly woke up. Biana looked her and gave her a plate. "Did you know that you fell asleep on Keefe's lap" she asked. Sophie blushed. "N-no" Biana smiled. "Fitz didn't look happy at all."The girls finished eating and talked for a while. Before they knew it, the sun was setting. "We should probably go inside its getting dark out"Biana said. The girls packed up and walked into the silent house. They set the stuff in the kichen and walked to Biana's room. The girls laid down and fell asleep quickly. But for Sophie, sleep didn't last long, nor was it pleasant.