Together Again

Sophie sat at the trunk of Calla's panakes tree. She had a tear stained face. Fitz was gone again and she knew why. But it still hurt her that he was with Jennifer and not Sophie. He would return to the house with yellow eyes, but when they landed on her, they would turn back to teal and he would forget everything that had happened. Sophie explained everything to the group and then left. She got a text that morning saying that Fitz was nowhere to be seen. He hadn't been at the house for two weeks. Sophie was at Havenfield with Grady and Edaline caring for the animals. She had been getting updates on when her and Fitz's house would be ready. Two weeks to be exact. She was thinking about what it would be like when she didn't have anyone around her when Fitz would leave to hang out with Jennifer, which was happening a lot more often now a days, when she heard a raspy laugh behind her. She stood up and turned around. Brant and Fintan created a wall of fire behind her and a crew of Neverseen surrounded her. A shade made it dark out and a figure stepped forward. "Who's going to save you now huh? Because it's not Fitzy over here." The figure pointed to two figures rather close and holding each other passionately. Fitz and Jennifer let their hoods fall to the side. Fitz's eyes were yellow and he stared at Jack. Jack took off his hood and walked up to Sophie with an extended hand. Sophie's friends appeared at that moment. They looked around but Sophie was only focused on Jack. She started to breath heavily with rage. She felt pain and hatred towards him. Both times he had hit Fitz, the time he almost hit Sophie. She took his hand and threw him into the flames and Fintan quickly pulled the flames away from him as Jennifer screamed. "I want all of you to stop messing with me. I'm not some special thing that was cooked up in a lab. Maybe I am a project, but I have nothing to do with the black swan if I don't want to.I can choose at any point in time to leave. i can make my own choices. And I've made my choice. All of you will die for hurting me, people I love, innocent people. Killing innocent people too. All of those people you tortured for no reason will get their revenge. I will kill every last Neverseen soul" Sophie screamed. She started to inflict when she felt something tug inside of her. She looked at Fitz to see his eyes red. Jennifer was whispering something to him. Sophie broke free from the group and ran into the woods. She as going to get Fitz to follow her. She took Jack, who was laying on the ground, and ran with him to the woods. Jennifer screamed and, like Sophie had hoped he would, Fitz followed Sophie to try and make Jennifer happy. Fitz followed Sophie to a clearing where he stopped dead. He stared Sophie in the eye and he slowly went back to normal. He walked closer to Sophie and Sophie dropped Jack. She took a step towards him. Grady found the three and watched as Fitz walked towards Sophie. Sophie was able to free Fitz of Jennifer's curse while around him. They met and Jennifer crashed through the clearing. She whispered curses, but Fitz didn't react. She screamed them, and still he looked at Sophie. "I don't believe it" Alvar and Jennifer said at the same time. "There's no way he loves her that much" Jennifer wailed. Fitz looked back her and walked up to her. He slapped her and went back to Sophie. "Well you just witnessed how much I love her." Keefe laughed so hard he fell over. "Solid burn baby." Jennifer glared at him and Brant threw a fireball at his head. "Next time, I won't miss." Keefe stopped laughing and took out a crystal. 

           Everyone light leaped to their house in California and took in a big breath of relief. Sophie ran outside to the beach and took off her clothes. She had a swimsuit in underneath because she had been helping give Verdi a bath. She slowed to a walk as she reached the water. She worked her way to the  deeper water to where the waves were up to her chin and stopped. Big waves started to roll in and she knew this was where she needed to be. One particularly big wave started to build up and Sophie jumped into it. She came crashing down into the water and came up again, smoothing her hair back. Someone came up behind her and grabbed her and she kicked. "Shhh, Soph, babe, it's only me" a deep, crisply accented voice said. She relaxed as Fitz moved to her side. "Let's hit these waves together shall we." Sophie smiled. Her Fitz was back. And when she climbed into bed later that night, she knew that he would never leave her again.

I know I know. Sophie was a bit harsh in this chapter, but I was getting tired of her not standing up for herself when it came to the Neverseen. Sorry if she was to violent for some of you.

-KT