Last chance

"Couldn't sleep either," Fitz asked. Sophie just stared at him. "Soph, are you alright? I keep talking but you just blanch out." Fitz waved his hand in her face. She eventually snapped out of it. "Yes Fitz I'm alright. I just..." Sophie trailed off, looking dazed again, staring at the floor. "You just what" Fitz asked. "Umm I don't know." Sophie turned around, not needing water, but fresh air. She walked out the door and to the cave again. Fitz was right behind her as she walked to the willow and sat down at the base of the trunk. "Sophie did you actually fall asleep on Keefe's lap?" Sophie pondered this question, revisiting the memory, replaying it over and over again. "No. I remember him asking if he could sit down, which he did, and then sitting there thinking and then falling asleep. But I wasn't fully asleep. I remember somebody lift my head and lay me down. And I think I remember hearing Keefe say 'Face it I'm her favorite' or something like that. But I don't exactly know what the conversation was about. I think it had to do with me." Sophie looked up a Fitz, who had been looking out at the lake while she talked. He bit his lip. "Were you guys talking about me" Sophie questioned. She had been deep in thought when he answered. "Yes" was all he said. "What did you say about me" Sophie asked, turning her gaze back out at the lake. "It wasn't you specifically. I mean the topic revolved solely around you, but it was something kind of not you. Fitz played with his words, choosing them carefully. That was all Sophie needed. 

     "Sophie. Where are you going" Fitz called. Sophie kept running. She ran back to Biana's room and slammed the door shut, waking Biana in the process. "Sophie what's wrong" Biana asked, sitting up. "I'm packing my things and going to the forbidden cities." Sophie ran about the room, grabbing her things. "Well then I'm coming with you," Biana confirmed, getting out of bed and packing. "Ok well I'll leave a note for my parents. How about you leave a note for yours. Our story will be the black swan sent us on a mission and we don't know when we'll be back" Sophie stated. The girls finished packing and sat on the bed. "We need a way to get to the forbidden cities though" Sophie said. "Well, we could call the black swan and ask if they would cover for us and help us get there" Biana suggested. "That's not a bad idea Bi" Sophie said, nodding her head in approval. Sophie grabbed her imparter and hailed the collective. "This better be worth getting up late Miss Foster and Miss Vacker" Mr Forkle said. "We need you to cover for us. We want to make a trip to the forbidden cities to help me get my mind off of things, but we can't exactly get there on our own with no place to stay" Sophie said. "Well, how about I come get you now, you get some sleep here, and we will find a place in the morning and say we sent you on a mission. We will spend a week gathering the latest trends in clothes and the newest house fashion as well as technology. How does that soun" Mr Forkle suggested. "Sounds great. See you shortly." Sophie hung up and they walked to the gates. Mr Forkle appeared a moment later and they light leaped to a base within the lost cities.

       I know that might not have made the most sense as to why Sophie ran out like that so I thought I'd tell you now because my iPad is being annoying again and not letting me edit anything. She thought that they were saying some not so nice words, and with the careful tone Fitz was giving her, she thought that it confirmed her accusation. And yes they forgot the notes 

          -KT