Dress Shopping

Sophie woke up and quietly slid out of bed. It was fairly early, but she needed time to get ready because she was going to Atlantis today to go dress shopping with the girls. She was just going to leave her hair down and un styled so Biana could do her hair, but she at least needed to look presentable. She slid into a loose, knee length red dress with different lengths. She put on a pair of black leggings and a pair of black and gold sandals and a black cape with a small red design etched into it only visible when it hits the light at a certain angle. She did her makeup and went downstairs to get breakfast. She made some strawberry filled pastries and mint chocolate chip ripplefluffs for Fitz. She set the pastries and ripplefluffs out on two platters and set a note in between them 

Fitz,

I'm out dress shopping with the girls will most definitely be awhile. I made you breakfast and a snack. There is some chicken left over from last night sitting in the fridge if you want it. We can go out to eat tonight if you want, or we can have dinner here. I can pick something up and bring it home- whatever you would prefer. See you later. Love you

                                                                                                                                         -Sophie 

She went to the leap master and light leaped to Atlantis. She arrived at Stacy's Bridal and went inside. Biana and Linh were already there. "Hello Sophie! Marella will be here in like two minutes" Biana squealed. "Oh this is going to be so fun!" Sophie laughed at her friends eagerness. "I can't believe it either. I never would have thought he would have asked." Biana rolled her eyes. "Please it was obvious he liked you. He was smitten so hard you could practically see hearts in his eyes." Sophie giggled. Just then Marella walked in. Then the dress shopping started. 

Back at Sophie and Fitz's......

       Fitz woke up and automatically reached for Sophie. He sat up when he realized that she wasn't there. The lights were off in both the closet and bathroom. He got out of bed and walked downstairs. He saw treats on the counter and went over to have a look. He saw a note from Sophie. When he finished reading it, he smacked himself in the head. "I forgot she was going out dress shopping today." Fitz grabbed a pastry and a ripplefluff and changed into workout clothes. He went to the gym and worked out for two hours before  taking a shower and getting ready for the day. He re heated the chicken from last night and grabbed his imparter. A couple seconds later, Sophie's gave appeared on the screen. "Hey. What's up?" "I wanted to know what you wanted to do for dinner." Sophie shrugged. "I don't know. I could meet you somewhere here in Atlantis, or we could go somewhere else. I can pick something up and bring it home. We could make something." Fitz thought for a minute. "I know this really good restaurant there in Atlantis if you wanna go. What your wearing will be fine." Sophie smiled and nodded. "Ok. I will see you then. Love you." Fitz watched has her pretty face faded away. He sat there at the table for awhile, just thinking about Sophie. How was it that the the elf who was like drop dead gorgeous and has saved the elvin world so many times and has all these cool abilities like me? I mean, I'm just a nobody. I'm only a telepath, and she could literally have anybody, but she chose me. I'm like, the luckiest man alive right now. His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. It was Keefe. "Hey man. I was wondering if you wanna round up the guys and we could go do something fun?" Fitz nodded. He grabbed his imparter and  locked up the house. 

   Back with Sophie and the girls

   Sophie was starting to get tired. It was getting late, and she was going to meet up with Fitz soon. Biana grabbed her hand. "Come on, just this one dress. But Sophie wasn't paying attention. She saw a dress in the corner of the store on a display. She pointed over at it. "Let's go see if they have my size in that one." They walked over and found her size. She tried it on and they all gasped. It was a loose, formal, simple gown, with a diamond and gold belt. The veil was kind of long but not long enough to reach the floor. The band for the veil was diamonds with bits of gold in it like the belt. "I love it. It's simple but demands attention" Biana gushed. Linh and Marella agreed. "We can buy that shimmery clothing sparkle in gold and sprinkle it in there so it'll match your eyes" Linh suggested. Sophie smiled. "I like that idea." They payed for the dress and left to Havenfield. "Hey mom dad. Can I leave my dress here?" Edaline came running down the stairs. She gasped when she saw the dress. "Oh my gosh it's so pretty. Yes of course." She hingerly took the dress up to Sophie's old room. She hung it up in the closet away from everything else. Sophie and the girls left back to Atlantis and bought some gold and red sparkles for the dress. They then went to go find shoes. They settled on a pair of silver stilettos that had a single strap starting from the center of the band around the toes, up to the middle of the band around the ankle in a circle pattern. There were diamonds woven into the design. They also picked out gold hair pieces to match the dress. Then Sophie called Fitz to tell him she was done.

At the park with the boys 

  Fitz stood up, panting. He was playing tackle bramble with Keefe, Tam, and Dex. He went to go get water and noticed that Sophie was calling. He picked up. "Yes?" Sophie scrunched her eyebrows. "What have you been doing" she asked with a smile. "Tackle bramble with the guys." Sophie giggled. "Well im done, so why don't you take a shower and meet me at the water park here." Fitz nodded. "Ok. I'll see you there. Love you." Sophie blew him a kiss. "Love you too." Fitz packed up his stuff. "Where you going?" Keefe's stood behind him, panting and almost as sweaty as Fitz. "Oh. Sorry. I have to go. Sophie and I are going out to eat so I need to shower." Fitz pulled out his pathfinder and left home. He took a quick shower and put on black dress pants and a royal blue button up. He slipped on a watch and black dress shoes. He styled his hair and headed to Atlantis. 

     Sophie was waiting by the fountain in the water park when Fitz showed up. He sat down beside her and kissed the top of her head. She looked up at him and smiled. "You ready?" Fitz nodded. He extended a hand and she took it. He led her to a sort of casual restaurant. The walked in and a waiter came up to them. "Two" he asked. Fitz nodded. "Ok. Follow me then. Right this way please." The couple followed the waiter and were seated on the porch outside by a garden. They ordered their drinks and the waiter rushed to go get them. "So what did you do today" Sophie asked. Fitz shrugged. "Not much. I had a pastry and a ripplefluff for breakfast. Thank you for those by the way." Sophie giggled. "I figured you would like them. You should really thank my mom though. She was the one who taught me the recipe." Fitz chuckled. "I uh did a two hour workout and went to a park and played tackle bramble with the guys. How was it with Biana? She didn't make you try in ridiculous ball gowns did she?" Sophie giggled. "No. It did take awhile to find a dress that fit my style and wasn't to over the top. It also matches the color combination." Fitz smiled at her excitement o ear the dress. "Can I see it" he asked hopefully. Sophie shook her head and smiled. "Nope. Not until the day of our wedding." Fitz sighed. "Ok, well I, going out next week with the guys to go pick out a suit for the wedding. Think you'll be ok?" Sophie nodded. "I'll be fine. I promised Biana a mani pedi today but we ran out of time. I'll just go with her and the girls then." Fitz smiled. Their drinks ca,e and they ordered dinner and talked about the memories they had in California. They ate and payed. Fitz took Sophie to an ice cream shop by the park and they walked around and looked at the flowers. Sophie yawned and Fitz took her home. Sophie changed into her pajamas and grabbed some ripplefluffs, mallowmelt, and lushberry juice. She set them on the table in front of the couch and turned in the tv. Fitz soon joined her, wrapping an arm around her. The picked a movie and Sophie fell asleep pretty quickly. Fitz turned off the tv and carried her to bed. As he laid there with her between his arms, he thought about all those times sleeping in Everglen when he dreamed of doing this exact same thing. He fell asleep to the sweet smell of her hair and perfume.

Changed my mind. Sry. I will write a somewhat short chapter about Sophie and the girls getting their mani pedi and the guys suit shopping. 

-KT