Playful Banter

"Hey Fitz, why were you at the jewelry store today?" Sophie was sitting on her chair in the bathroom, waiting for Fitz to finish drying off his hair. They had just gotten out of the pool and they were going to have a dance party. "Oh, uh just something for you. But I didn't get it. I was distracted by Jack. I'm really sorry. Would you like to go tomorrow to look at jewelry? I'd be more than happy to take you." Sophie giggled. "I would love that. And it's ok. At least Jack didn't do any permanent damage." Fitz smiled and took her hand. She leans on him the whole way down to the living room. "Hey Sophie come here." Biana was with Linh and Marella over by the back Tam, Keefe and Dex are over in the dining room if you wanna go see them." Fitz had lived with Biana long enough to know when she was using the 'I'm politely asking you to leave' tone. Fitz nodded and gave Sophie a hug before leaving her. Sophie watched him leave and turned to the girls. "We are going to dunk our hair in the water so we hit the guys with it while we dance" Marella said, keeping her voice low. The girls walked outside and dunked their hair in the water for about five minutes and then went back inside and Sophie turned on the speakers to full volume. They laughed and Danced their way around the room flinging water around. The boys ran to the room and immediately got smacked by water. "Ahh" Dex yelled. The girls didn't stop though. Biana and Marella were dancing when Linh came up behind Biana. "Your it" she yelled. Sophie Marella and Linh squealed and ran up the stairs. Biana followed laughing. The boys shared looks. Sophie came barreling down the stairs. "Let's play hide and seek" she yelled. Biana screamed. "Yes yes yes yes yes yes, a million times yes!" Sophie looked agh the boys as if to say "you going to join?" The boys nodded and Sophie pointed to Tam. "Your it first." Tam went downstairs and everybody ran in separate ways. Except the girls. Sophie enhanced Biana and Biana vanished, causing Sophie to do the same. Linh and Marella locked hands with the two and they walked around. Tam came up the stairs just as the girls were getting ready to walk out to the beach. They stood still.

         Tam found Keefe first, Keefe went upstairs to look and Sophie knew for a fact that Dex was up there, but wasn't sure about Fitz. Tam found Fitz fifteen minutes later and they joined Keefe upstairs in looking for everyone else. The girls took their chance. They slowly opened the door and ran out. Sophie closed it and ran to join the others. They started to play in the water a bit when they heard Tam shout. "There they are. Get them them." The boys ran towards them and the girls grabbed their shoes and raced down the beach towards the shops, channeling energy into their legs to fuel their sprint. They reached the shops and looked behind them. The boys were catching up so they quickly put in their sandals and walked down the alleyway leading to the shops. They looked around for a bit before heading home the other way. They walked down the sidewalk to home and slowly opened the front door. They crept to the kitchen and grabbed a snack and raced up the stairs. Sophie fracked Fitz's thoughts to see that they were sitting by the alleyway that then girls entered. The girls ate and talked a bit until nine. Then they decided to head to bed. 

      Fitz slowly opened the door to his room. It was ten thirty and he hadn't seen Sophie for awhile. He put on a pair of jogging shorts and was about to open the door when he heard the sheets rustle. He turned around and walked over to the bed to see a solnie sized lump in the bed. He chuckled and climbed in bed. He slid an arm around Sophie and she rolled over on her back. She smiled and he smiled back and leaned down and kissed her. She cuddled close to him and fell asleep. When they woke up, Sophie sat up and and stretched out. She climbed out of bed and got dressed. She headed downstairs and grabbed somehthing to eat and went back upstairs. After Fitz was ready to go, they walked down to the jewelry store and Sophie looked around. She saw some bracelets that she really liked and picked one up. She showed it to Fitz. "I will buy you whatever you want." Sophie smiled at him and walked over to some rings 😉😉 and picked one up. It was a diamond ring. When she tilted it,  it caught the light and cast a faint teal beam of light across the room. She slid it on her finger, but it was a bit big. "Fitz, can we get one fitted for me so I can have it?" Fitz took the ring gently from her and looked at it. Perfect engagement ring he thought. He smiled. "Yes we can." He walked up the sails clerk and asked if they could get the ring fitted. She took the ring and slid it in Sophie's finger. She slid it around and took measurements. "Alright. We will have this ready in two weeks time." She ring up the price for the ring and the bracket and Fitz payed. They walked out and went back to the house.