Wedding Preparations

Sophie and Fitz sat at the peninsula looking at colors for their wedding. Fitz insisted that they use red, and Sophie wanted teal, but the colors didn't exactly go together. They were trying to find another color to go in between the two. Sophie liked the silver with both colors, but she could tell that Fitz wanted something else. "Do you think they look ok" she asked, hoping to get a real answer out of him. He gave a a half smile. "I want whatever you want. If you like those colors, then those will be the colors of our wedding." Sophie sighed. "I'm not going to get an honest answer out of you am I?" Fitz looked startled. "What do you mean?" Sophie raised and elegantly arched eyebrow. "You know exactly what I mean. These colors aren't your first color choice together are they." Fitz sighed. "No your right they aren't. But seriously, babe, if you want them then we can have them as our colors." Sophie shook her head. "When we find a color combination that you are one hundred percent happy with, then we will have our colors." Fitz sighed and chuckled. Sophie switched colors around and around, making sure that every combination had red in it. "Ok, so red has to be in the combination-" Sophie started. "And teal. I want teal in there because it's your favorite color." Sophie nodded. "Ok, so red and teal, what about these." She held up three colors. Red, gold, and teal. Fitz smiled. "Yes I like that." Sophie smiled. "Ok then, we have our colors." She set them down to the side. "Now. I'm going to set up a time with Biana and the girls to go dress shopping here in like two months. We also need to get with them to help with the decorations. So who is going to wear what color?" Fitz scratched the back of his head. "Well I would like to wear red, but you look the best in it and you'll probably want my tie to be teal because it matches my eyes." Sophie smiled and nodded. "So we need to figure out what colors go where." Fitz nodded. "How about I wear a black tie and tux with a white button up dress shirt, and you wear a white dress." Sophie smiled. "Ok. So since Biana has teal eyes she will wear a teal dress. Keefe can either wear red, or he can wear teal and everyone else can wear red." Fitz thought for a moment. "Let's have the girls wear teal and the boys will wear red." Sophie smiled. "Ok then. Let me call Biana." 

       Sophie, Fitz, Biana, Linh, Marella, Edaline, Grady, Alden, and Della sat around the dining room. They were all looking at decorations. Edaline brought over the boxes that had all of Jolie and Brant's wedding decorations in them. Sophie and Fitz went through them. They decided to use variations combining some of the different designs from the box into their own decorations. The flowers were going to be panakes flowers. They still needed to figure out how to decorate the outside of the beach house and the beach itself to match, and they needed a way to keep a lot of the natural light from outside the house, inside the house. The wedding would be three weeks after graduation on a Saturday. It would start sometime after noon. Sophie got up and asked Edaline to help with dinner. They headed to the kitchen and Sophie got stuff out for a salad. Edaline made dessert and Sophie made Fitz go grill some steak. Sophie had Biana call Tam and invite him  and the rest of the boys over, as well as have Dex invite his family over. About an hour and a half later, everyone was there and dinner was ready. They ate and talked about life. Biana and Tam were staying at the house in California with Dex and Linh. Keefe and Marella were staying at Keefe's house. The triplets were actually doing really well in school in regards to their behavior. Lex is excelling alchemy, Bex has manifested as a froster, and Rex manifested as a flasher. Keefe was working as an emissary, Biana and Marella were looking at opening up a beauty shop. (Doing people's makeup and hair for some things and as well as selling hair products and makeup products) Tam was going to be a mentor at foxfire starting next year and Linh was going as well. Dex was going to help his dad in the shop and they were going to extend the shop so Dex can repair broken tech. Fitz wasn't going to be sent on any business trips until next year so he could get ready for the wedding, and Sophie was going to start up as a probe next year. 

       Sophie took Biana to the side. "When we go out dress shopping, we can get a mani pedi if you want." Biana smiled and nodded. "Sure. So in two months then?" Sophie nodded. "Think we can trust the boys to pick out a reasonable suit?" Biana laughed. "Fitz, Tam and Dex yes. Keefe is another story." They both laughed and they said goodbye. After everyone left, Sophie collapsed on the couch. "I didn't realize that planning for a wedding would be so hard." Fitz laughed. "We still have to get decorations, figure out who we are inviting and invite them, we need to decide on the cake, what food we will serve for dinner, and we still have to decide where we will go for our honeymoon."  Sophie sighed. "There you go again" she said playfully. Fitz chuckled. "Hey. I'm just saying that's not even all of it. We have the colors and date set. But that's about it." Sophie pulled him down on the couch. "At least you still are here to help. I would loose my mind if it weren't for you." She kissed his cheek and laid her head on his shoulder. He turned on the tv and watched until ten. Sophie yawned and tried to get up but Fitz pulled her back down. "You don't need to get up." Sophie looked up at him. "Well I mean, I would like to go to bed, so how would I get there?" Fitz smiled. "Like this." He picked her up bridal style and carried her to their room and laid her in their bed. He leaned down and they kissed. Fitz crawled in bed next to her and turned off the lights.

       Sophie woke up to the sound of something falling in the bathroom. She heard Fitz groan with agony and let out a string of mumbled curses. Sophie got up to see what was the problem. There was a bottle of soap spilled on the floor and Fitz only had on shorts. Fitz looked at her and she smiled. "Having some trouble I see." Fitz sighed. "Yes. A bit." Sophie grabbed a cloth and cleaned up the mess. "There's more soap in the cabinet over there. We'll just have to but soap on the list early then." Fitz smiled as she bustled about the bathroom, cleaning up the mess. She threw the cloth in a hamper and went to the closet to get ready for the day. She put on a pair of black leggings and a baby blue tunic. She braided her hair in the back, forming it into a ponytail more towards the side of her head. She then went downstairs to make breakfast. Fitz came down so after without a shirt on and Sophie smiled and rolled her eyes. Her fiancé sometimes. Makes sense why he and Keefe are friends she thought. 

      Sophie stood at the entrance to Tinker's house. Sophie needed some sort of light thing done for her wedding, but she wanted a safety feature as well. Sophie was meeting her with Dex and Rinker to come up with plans for this. Just then the door opened. "Oh hello Sophie. Come on in. Dex is already here." Sophie smiled and walked in the house. She sat down on a couch and they started discussing the plans for the project. In the end, they decided that the security precautions would be some of the most ordinary objects. They made the objects match with the wedding decorations. Dex was going to make some artificial flowers, not many, but some. The security feature would be in the center where all of the pollen was located at. The security features would be like pollen. They would stick to people's clothes and travel from place to place. The good thing was, the features didn't stain, and they washed off pretty easily. In the middle of their discussion about the flowers, Magnete Leto came in. "We need to bring everyone here. I have some news about the Neverseen's plans."

Dress shopping will the chapter after the next and the wedding will be after that just an FYI

-KT