Wonderboy

Sophie woke back up even though it was still dark out. The time on her alarm clock read five thirty. She got up and tripped over Fitz's shoes. She gave a surprised yelp and Fitz bolted right out of bed and was at her side. "Are you alright" he asked. He extended a hand to her and helped her up. She used his arms for support as she stood up. She picked up the shoes and placed them in his arms. "Here. You might need these later." Fitz smiled. He walked over to the closet and Sophie trailed behind him. He placed the shoes down on his rack and turned around. "Soph, are you alright? You won't let me walk around the room without following me." Sophie met his eyes and she felt bile rise in her throat. His eyes held concern. She closed the gap between them and wrapped her arms around him. "I'm scared Fitz. I'm scared to be alone for even a second. There was just so much unease and pain set into it. That was my worst nightmare yet. I'm sorry I can try and stop." Fitz kissed the top of her head. "No no. You don't need to do that. Follow me everywhere. Though, if I have to use the bathroom I'll have someone stay with you." Sophie nodded into his chest. "Biana. I want Biana to stay with me." Fitz nodded. "That's fine. I'll talk to her after she gets up. Do you want to go back to bed, or what do you want to do?" Sophie looked up at him. "Take a walk on the beach?" Fitz smiled back. "Whatever you want princess." Sophie giggled at the nickname and led him outside. She ran out to th beach, holding Fitz's hand. "Come on" she giggled. She reached the water right after Fitz let go of her hand, only to pick her up and swing her around. She giggled as she wrapped her arms around his neck. The first rays of the sun came up in pretty shades a of orange, red, pink, and purple. They stood out there until the sun was completely up. Sophie took Fitz back inside  and she grabbed a pastry for breakfast.

   "How'd you sleep?" Sophie looked up to see Keefe and Marella walking out of their room. "Eh. I woke up again, but fell asleep soon after." Keefe nodded. "Still hanging on poor Fitzy I see." He nodded towards where her arm right arm was wrapped around his left one and her hand was squeezing his hand, her knuckles turning white. Her other hand was placed on his forearm as her head rested on his shoulder. Sophie lifted her head and started to unwrap herself from Fitz, but Fitz leaned down and whispered in her ear. "You don't need to. I'm cool with it. I just want you to be comfortable. I'm here for whatever you need." Sophie nodded and laid her head back on his shoulder, snaking her arm around his arm again. Keefe smirked. "Are you going to let him go anywhere?" Sophie glared at him. "Yeah." Marella walked up to Sophie and whispered in his ear. "I'll let you have the first go around if you want, but let me know when he bothers you to much. I'll knock some sense into him. He can't mess with us girls." Sophie laughed. "Will do." Keefe frowned a bit, but it was quickly replaced with his trademark smirk. "Are we allowed to know what that was all about?" Sophie and Marella looked at each other. Then back at Keefe. "No!" Sophie dragged Fitz to her room so she could get ready for the day. She bustled about the bathroom,  brushing her teeth, brushing her hair, putting gels in her hair and putting makeup on. Fitz brushed his teeth and styled his hair. When he finished with that, he sat on Sophie's chair that she but in the bathroom for when she does her nails, and watched her finish getting ready. "What" she asked. She had caught him watching her again, and she asked for what had to be like the fifteenth time. Fitz shook his head. "Nothing." Sophie raised her eyebrow. "Nothing huh. Then why do you keep looking at me like I'm some sort of goddess?" Fitz blushed, something he hardly ever did. "Your interesting to watch in the morning when your getting ready." Sophie popped her hip,out to the side. "Interesting huh. I'm not buying it. Fitz blushed a little more. "Fine. I like watching you move around the room as you enhance yourself." Sophie giggled. "Enhance my self?" Fitz looked at the floor. "Your beauty." Sophie smiled. "I know what you meant." Fitz looked up at her, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "Then why did you make me say it?" Sophie turned and faced the mirror. "Because I wanted to hear you say it." 

     Sophie waited on the couch for Fitz. She was twisting her fingers together and Biana was playing with her hair. "Sophie, Fitz is fine. And I don't think he would want you to dislocate your fingers." Sophie sighed and let her hands fall to her side. "Your right. I just don't know what is happening to me. Last night I couldn't sleep unless he held me. And I don't feel safe unless he's like right next to me. He usually holds my hand or plays with my hair and it makes me feel better. I just feel cold and alone unless he's here. Sorry if that was offensive to you." Biana laughed. "It wasn't offensive at all. I'm glad that you felt comfortable to let me stay with you while he is out. And I'm happy that he makes you feel safe. And that he is treating you right. You know that if he wasn't that I would lay my piece in there before we got Grady involved right?" Sophie laughed slightly. "Yes I do. Don't worry. You'll be the first one I call, though I don't think that I will have to do that." Biana smiled. "Neither do I. I've never seen him like this before. I mean, he did have a crush when he was like what, in third year. He would ask me about her a bit, but it wasn't a lot. But whenever I watched him, he never made it obvious that he liked her. He's made it very obvious that he likes you. The way he watches you as you move around the room. They way his voice fills with concern and fear whenever you get hurt. He never did that with Cressida, the girl he liked. Tam told me about how Fitz freaked out when you left. He said he would pace the length of the room mumbling about how he could protect you. Not me. You." Sophie looked up at her with sorry filling in her eyes. "Dont even think about apologizing. I'm glad that he was extremely worried about you. It means he will keep you safe. I can live with that. I'm not even offended that he was more worried about you than me. But Tam said that he would say my name out loud just to shake suspicion off him,  but he wasn't fooling anyone." Sophie smiled at her. But her smiled faded when she looked at the time. The boys were supposed to be back an hour ago. Just then, her phone buzzed. She looked at it. Fitz sent a message to the both of them saying that they got distracted and lost track of time. Again. My abbreviations for some words make no sense, so I will put what they mean next to them.